UPDATE! HTC One: stupid lock screen question. please help!

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE!

upgraded to 5.14.531.1 today and the decision to use a lock screen is mine again. praise glory hallelujah!

i don't know what this is called at the bottom of the lock screen...but how can i change what's in it? i am sick of accidentally opening 'messages' which i haven't used in months. i'd rather have two camera icons and two useless android icons. i f-ing hate having the lock screen, and this adds insult to injury.

thank you!!

Screenshot_2014-04-26-15-39-23.jpg

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC One: stupid lock screen question. please help!

i don't know what this is called at the bottom of the lock screen...but how can i change what's in it? i am sick of accidentally opening 'messages' which i haven't used in months. i'd rather have two camera icons and two useless android icons. i f-ing hate having the lock screen, and this adds insult to injury.

thank you!!

View attachment 114985

I have the M8, but hopefully, this still applies.
The icons are what is in the dock in Blinkfeed launcher. Since I use Nova, I just emptied the dock in Blinkfeed launcher, and now I get only the unlock icon.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

I have the M8, but hopefully, this still applies.
The icons are what is in the dock in Blinkfeed launcher. Since I use Nova, I just emptied the dock in Blinkfeed launcher, and now I get only the unlock icon.

i'll try that, but this is what my nova looks like....i don't see anything for blinkfeed. i vaguely recall installing nova, last year, to disable blinkfeed when i first got my HTC. any other suggestions? thank you!

Screenshot_2014-04-27-20-40-33.jpg

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I had to temporarily reenable the stock launcher (blknkfeed) to remove the apps from the dock. After that, I set Nova back as default. If you go further down you will see select default home. Click that, and select blinkfeed. That will bring you back to stock. Follow through the dock clearing, and then reopen Nova.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

I had to temporarily reenable the stock launcher (blknkfeed) to remove the apps from the dock. After that, I set Nova back as default. If you go further down you will see select default home. Click that, and select blinkfeed. That will bring you back to stock. Follow through the dock clearing, and then reopen Nova.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

success! now i have a camera on either side and padlock in the middle. i wish i did not have to go through this screen at all, but it's better than before. thank you!!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

success! now i have a camera on either side and padlock in the middle. i wish i did not have to go through this screen at all, but it's better than before. thank you!!

If you would like, you can totally disable the lockscreen.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

If you would like, you can totally disable the lockscreen.

hmmm...i think i've tried every posted method on android forums. what do you suggest? so far, i have tried SETTINGS>SECURITY>SCREEN LOCK>NONE to no avail. and i also installed an app called NO LOCK (from 2011?) which did work, but caused other problems.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

hmmm...i think i've tried every posted method on android forums. what do you suggest? so far, i have tried SETTINGS>SECURITY>SCREEN LOCK>NONE to no avail. and i also installed an app called NO LOCK (from 2011?) which did work, but caused other problems.

Strange...that exact path works for me, and that is what I was thinking of.

Edit: I am on the M8, with Sense 6. Perhaps that is the difference. (Excuse the lack of knowledge/help. This is my first HTC)

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

You can add and remove the widgets in the dock to your liking

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app