HTC One M7 seems to be bricked - any way to recover data?

frenchimmersion

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
A couple of days ago I put the phone on charge and woke up in the morning to find it stuck on the boot screen, doing nothing. I assume it randomly restarted not long into the night because it was very very hot as well! Hard resetting the phone by holding down the power button restarts it but it's still frozen on the boot screen. I also tried under someone's advice to go into the recovery to wipe the cache but it hasn't changed anything.

As I understand factory resetting the phone or installing a custom recovery and ROM will unbrick it but right now my biggest concern is getting all of my photos of it, 3 years worth to be exact. I don't have a lot of experience with mounting storage and such.

Is there anything at all I can do? I can still access the recovery and other options by holding volume down when hard resetting the phone.

It's a European standard model with no custom recovery or ROM or anything like that. There was a recent security update from HTC that would always fail when I attempt to install it, it would say there was something unexpected going on with settings.apk and it would then restart normally. Any help would seriously be greatly appreciated! :(

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty