Rooting an HTC One M8?

Co1d Night

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I?ve been looking online a lot to see on how exactly would be the best way to root my HTC One M8, however I?ve seen multiple tutorials that are all different. My device is running on 4.4.2 Kit Kat. Can someone provide some insight on which method is best?

Thank you!

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
If you're using a Mac, then look for my post on how to Unlock, S-off, recovery, and root. It is very detailed. If using a pc and can't find what you are looking for in Android Central then check out XDA Developers website

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

juiceboxpenis

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Easiest way is to use weaksauce, a one click app from your phone [Root] WeakSauce APK - 1.0.1 - xda-developers (no computer required). This does restart every boot, but if you get tasker, you can set a task so the app runs on boot. After that, if you want to permaroot, follow these steps to s-off Instructions/Download | firewater s-off, install a custom recovery, and then flash SuperSu through the install tab of your recovery. If you just want root then all you need is weaksauce :)

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I actually posted how to do this in the root thread. It's entitled "Simple Way to Root Verizon M8"

Posted with my CleanROM M8

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
It's up to you whether you want to root your phone or not. Personally I am glad I rooted my phone. It allows me to customize it and make it better. At first I did the Weaksauce temporary root, but then later I took a step further and permanently rooted my phone.

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
It's up to you whether you want to root your phone or not. Personally I am glad I rooted my phone. It allows me to customize it and make it better. At first I did the Weaksauce temporary root, but then later I took a step further and permanently rooted my phone.

Because my battery life is still not good. Can still unroot it and used your warranty?.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Because my battery life is still not good. Can still unroot it and used your warranty?.

If you want something completely reversible, then I would use Weaksauce to temporarily root your phone. Every time you reboot it will take an extra minute or to to reachieve root. However it's very simple to unroot by deleting Weaksauce and SuperSU then rebooting. Then you are back to stock. I posted a guide for rooting with Weaksauce that is in this Root thread entitled "Simple Method to Root Verizon M8"

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
If you want something completely reversible, then I would use Weaksauce to temporarily root your phone. Every time you reboot it will take an extra minute or to to reachieve root. However it's very simple to unroot by deleting Weaksauce and SuperSU then rebooting. Then you are back to stock. I posted a guide for rooting with Weaksauce that is in this Root thread entitled "Simple Method to Root Verizon M8"

Thankyou. I saw your post though. Maybe ill follow that.

oaklandm

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Is weaksauce for the Verizon version only? I am in UK so have an international model and have been thinking about rooting since I got the phone, would love to try it first in a non permanent way to see if I get any benefit from it.

OK forget that, just seen the xda forum and Verizon only.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

JedediahMartin1

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I clicked on the link that you provided, and was taken to a page that said if I was redirected to that page from a paid site, I was being scammed. Just letting you know in case there is some kind of mistake, it can be fixed.

juiceboxpenis

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I clicked on the link that you provided, and was taken to a page that said if I was redirected to that page from a paid site, I was being scammed. Just letting you know in case there is some kind of mistake, it can be fixed.

Yeah it meant that if someone charged you to go there it was a scam because the application is free

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 4106.jpg
    4106.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 41

Csaba Hollosi

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone!
I buy This Phone HTC M8 and this phone have one program SuperSu and this block my Online Banking App. It is Barclays.
This Program is very importent for me so please help me what can i do. I try uninstall but after the same problem.
Thanks the any answer for me.

Csaba

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone!
I buy This Phone HTC M8 and this phone have one program SuperSu and this block my Online Banking App. It is Barclays.
This Program is very importent for me so please help me what can i do. I try uninstall but after the same problem.
Thanks the any answer for me.

Csaba

You have to un-root

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)