Music randomly stops specifically on PA

j_awn

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Been on CM for a while now on my M8, and was trying to use Paranoid Android. Overall it feels like a better experience on PA as opposed to CM, but the only gripe is that music randomly stops playing, and I have to go on to the next song to get it working, and it randomly occurs with no set interval, sometimes less than a song-length apart, sometimes 20 minutes apart, etc.

The only instance this ever happens is on Paranoid Android. I've never had the issue on CM nightlies, and I've tried different combinations of Paranoid Android and GApps, which someone stated might have been the issue, but my last attempt was the latest beta with stock signed GApps rather than PA GApps, and the issue is still there, so I'm thinking it's the kernel. Google's brought me to Samsung solutions, some of which I've tried but nothing. I was wondering if someone's experienced this on PA as well, or any other custom ROM, and if so, did you find a solution? And is it safe to flash another kernel on top of the PA kernel in an attempt to resolve this?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can flash another kernel as long as its for your model phone. Have you asked in the PA thread it might be a better place to get a answer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non