Remove Root HTC One M8

PhilP311

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys, I've googled high and low and I can't seem to find anything that I a)understand or b) feel is relevant to my situation.

I bought a HTC on ebay, it arrived, I put my sim in and realised it was rooted. The phone doesn’t work on my network, I knew this when I bought it so I bought an unlock code but due to the root, I can’t seem to enter it, it just says no sim inserted.

Ideally I’d like to remove the root, I’m not a technophobe and learn pretty quickly, but I just don’t understand all these different versions of firmware etc.

I followed the unlockr guide and found out my CID is VODAP001 but the main-version is blank so I don’t know which roms or what have you to download.

I’d be happy leaving the rooting as it is if I could enter my unlock code, but I can’t figure out how to do this either. Is anyone able to help me? I don’t know what’s been done to the phone, the seller is ignoring my messages, I can’t return the phone as I (stupidly) missed the description where it stated the phone is rooted.

If it helps, it says im using cyanogenmod version 13.0.201xxxx and I've seen TWRP when booting to recovery mode etc. I've downloaded a few files, used an all in one mod or something from hasoon but as yet, the file system is unchanged.

I've seen something called sunshine which apparently unlocks to any network but as I've just forked out £100+ for the phone, I don't have the £25 the guides say it charges to unlock

Thank you in advance.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I've googled high and low and I can't seem to find anything that I a)understand or b) feel is relevant to my situation.

I bought a HTC on ebay, it arrived, I put my sim in and realised it was rooted. The phone doesn’t work on my network, I knew this when I bought it so I bought an unlock code but due to the root, I can’t seem to enter it, it just says no sim inserted.

Ideally I’d like to remove the root, I’m not a technophobe and learn pretty quickly, but I just don’t understand all these different versions of firmware etc.

I followed the unlockr guide and found out my CID is VODAP001 but the main-version is blank so I don’t know which roms or what have you to download.

I’d be happy leaving the rooting as it is if I could enter my unlock code, but I can’t figure out how to do this either. Is anyone able to help me? I don’t know what’s been done to the phone, the seller is ignoring my messages, I can’t return the phone as I (stupidly) missed the description where it stated the phone is rooted.

If it helps, it says im using cyanogenmod version 13.0.201xxxx and I've seen TWRP when booting to recovery mode etc. I've downloaded a few files, used an all in one mod or something from hasoon but as yet, the file system is unchanged.

I've seen something called sunshine which apparently unlocks to any network but as I've just forked out £100+ for the phone, I don't have the £25 the guides say it charges to unlock

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the forums. By it's description, I think it was from Vodaphone. What carrier do you have? The bands may not bve correct from Vodaphone to who you have.

PhilP311

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi, yes it's locked to Vodafone. I was told you cant use an unlock code on rooted firmware, I spent all evening trying to figure out how to flash it back to factory stock, finally managed to do it and it's still not giving me an option to enter the unlock code :(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, yes it's locked to Vodafone. I was told you cant use an unlock code on rooted firmware, I spent all evening trying to figure out how to flash it back to factory stock, finally managed to do it and it's still not giving me an option to enter the unlock code :(

Sorry for the delay. Have you contacted Vodafone? They should be able to unlock it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non