HTC One (M8) is gone

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 is gone.

The S5 is 1/8-inch shorter than the M8. 1/8-inch.

Posted via the "Best Smartphone of 2013" One

this. people are crowing about how much smaller the s5 is over the m8. it's marginal at best and the s5 is actually wider than the m8 too. which imo will make it more unweidly because your grip around it becomes elongated which lessens your ability to reach the corners of the screen.

i was worried the m8 was going to be too tall as well from reading and comparing the dimensions to previous phones, but upon picking it up (for me at least) it feels very natural and comfortable.

the weight difference is marginal at best too (iirc like 20g) b/t the s5 and m8.

the only thing i like about the s5 is the water / dust resistance. would have been nice if it had built in wireless charging so one would almost never have to open and close the stupid flaps though

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Sure, I understand that. But when comparing it to the other devices like the S5, Nexus 5, etc. They all have 5 inch + screens. So, does it make it that much different in handling it? Or is it that these prospective buyers don't like it compared to last year's model?

The Nexus 5 has a more sleeker design making it more nicer in hand. Its not only the screen. These phones while having the same screen size, vary in design, width and height which changes the way you can handle them.

- - - Updated - - -

i think they confused the s5 with the 5s, so many letters and numbers all over the phone world!

Idk, that was the one post today that made me pause and go "what the hell?"

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

i think they confused the s5 with the 5s, so many letters and numbers all over the phone world!

Yeah, that's why I'm trying to include the word "Galaxy" when referring to the Galaxy S5 and the word "iPhone" when referring to the iPhone 5S. I've seen this kind of mistake happen on more than one forum.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

I didn't nor would I ever want to adjust to be able to use a device comfortably. The m8 felt great since the moment I picked it up

Posted via Android Central App
Really? Change is good. I moved from a 4s to the One a year ago and had to make an adjustment. I'm glad I did.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Had it for two days and then sold it. Nice device, very high quality. Not the build quality of my 5S but it's close. Either way, build quality wasn't first on my list. Battery and Camera are pretty much one and two. The M8 gave me over 6 hours of screen time for each day that I had it. Not bad. The M8 camera wasn't as good as the 5S but on the other hand it was decent enough to get by for me. So what was the real killer for me? The length......the M8 is just ridiculously long. Felt funny and looked funny. I seriously couldn't get over the length. Felt like I was holding a metal banana. Anyway, I am officially standing in the S5 line. Had an S4 last year for a bit but the lag was terrible so I dumped it. Got to play with the S5 at BB the other day and kind of fell in love with how it felt in my hand so.......lets do this samsung. Please get it right this time for me.

My note 3 is longer than the M8

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus 5 has a more sleeker design making it more nicer in hand. Its not only the screen. These phones while having the same screen size, vary in design, width and height which changes the way you can handle them.

- - - Updated - - -

Idk, that was the one post today that made me pause and go "what the hell?"

It was still early in the day when you commented, I sure hope you came across a better "WTH" post lol. There are so many..... :p

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

I have to disagree, I really like iOS7.1 ..very light, feels simple, yet does everything I want it to.

via the tablet 📱

seriously??? Wow.
IOS7 crippled my iPhone 5 and my iPad 4th generation and reduced both to a congealed mess.
I couldn't receive emails, much less send them, accessing any website took longer than a 2 year old takes to tie his shoes and when it finally loaded it froze, and then there was that pesky issue with losing all my school notes...
The apple tech told me that IOS7 was fabulous... With the new iPhone 5s and the new iPad air, that is, lol.
So I said I'd upgrade... to Samsung. Never looked back.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

seriously??? Wow.
IOS7 crippled my iPhone 5 and my iPad 4th generation and reduced both to a congealed mess.
I couldn't receive emails, much less send them, accessing any website took longer than a 2 year old takes to tie his shoes and when it finally loaded it froze, and then there was that pesky issue with losing all my school notes...
The apple tech told me that IOS7 was fabulous... With the new iPhone 5s and the new iPad air, that is, lol.

Yes indeed. I have iOS 7.1 on 4 devices and it works fabulously on all of them. I'm sorry your experience hasn't been as a great as mine. No big surprise, just like android iOS works great for some and like poopoo for others.

via the tablet 📱

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

seriously??? Wow.
I certainly didn't have that experience with iOS 7. And iOS 7.1 is faster, smoother, and more stable.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

IOS 7.1 has been perfect on my 5S and mini retina.
seriously??? Wow.

cdaq

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

I'm going from a 5s to the M8 and the size is the one thing that I'm worried about. It is pretty tall. Does it still fit comfortably in a front pocket?

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I'm going from a 5s to the M8 and the size is the one thing that I'm worried about. It is pretty tall. Does it still fit comfortably in a front pocket?

Yes, at least for me it does

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

If you're concerned about the size why move to the M8? Also, no need to worry, if the phone doesn't meet or exceed your desires simply return it.

Sent from my MF003LL/A 🔘

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

It does for me as well. It's not too bulky and thick so I believe that helps some.

garment69

Banned
May 10, 2013
Visit site
yeah there is that. My hands are on the small side. My moto x sure felt great. My 5s is too small. I need a good camera though so the moto x didn't cut it. Too bad, the m8 is a nice phone. Very nice but just a little too long for me.

Try the z1 compact. Awesome device.