Came from iPHONE 4S, NO TEXTS from others using iMessage

elykoj

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I called Verizon and Apple and they said it will take 48 hours till my number will be removed from the Apple servers. What BS.. So I have family and friends texting me and im not getting anything from them.. Some coworkers it works but most it does not, says not delivered.. frustrating

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Try using your iphone and turning off imessage and send a few text as text messages not imessages then switch over your sim and see if it works

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I actually had to do this once when I switched to my M7 and then I had to do it again, months later for some reason.

wheezy77

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Easiest way, is to CALL apple. They can remove your number from the iMessage servers. My wife and I both had this issue UNTIL finally calling in. Since then, no issue.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Easiest way, is to CALL apple. They can remove your number from the iMessage servers. My wife and I both had this issue UNTIL finally calling in. Since then, no issue.

Can confirm - without actually talking to Apple, your iPhone friends will send you blue texts and think you're mad at them because you aren't responding.

This happened to me after my 2 weeks with an iPhone.

tmus

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
They need to select on their phone to send as SMS if imessage is not available. So txt them and ask them to do this. It worked for me.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I would do this.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I switch between ios and Android all the time. The quickest and easiest way to get everything right AFTER you turn it off on your old device is to have the other person start a new conversation with you and it should then send it as a text. For some reason the existing conversation takes a while to figure out you're not using imessage anymore. For the iPhone user the conversation will merge but it will send as text. I do this all the time with my wife as she has an iPhone. So if you can, have some of the users start a new convo and see what happens. Good luck.

Posted via Android Central App

Kyle Baker2

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm having hell with group MMS. Two of us bought Android phones on the same day (previously had iphones), and there's 3 other iphones in the message. We both deactivated imessage. Had everyone delete our messaging threads and our contacts. We're still having issues. I guess we could give calling apple a shot.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
This will probably work best, but if you don't want to do that and you still have the iOS device then turn it on and enable then disable iMessage again. This is what I had to do months after I initially did this when I got my M7.

bobbob1016

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I called Verizon and Apple and they said it will take 48 hours till my number will be removed from the Apple servers. What BS.. So I have family and friends texting me and im not getting anything from them.. Some coworkers it works but most it does not, says not delivered.. frustrating

It's 24 hours, but Verizon has no idea on this, so don't really pay that any attention. This takes 24 hours if you don't turn off iMessage before turning your phone in. It can take upwards of 24 hours, as it takes a little bit to work it's way through all their systems. In all honesty, I think Hangouts would take about the same time, but as Hangouts is available on iPhone for people who for whatever reason go Android -> iPhone, it doesn't matter as much if they can turn off Hangouts.

Also, have your friends turn on "Send as SMS" in Settings -> iMessage, as well as making sure they are texting your *phone number* not your AppleID, and that your phone number in their contact list is listed as a Phone not an iPhone. This will help it take less than 24 hours, otherwise, it's just 24 hours.

I had to call apple twice and it still isn't fixed.

That is honestly surprising. Just tell them you need them to "revoke certificates", took me all of 5 minutes...

Axefire

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Exactly - this was the fix for me. Unfortunately you need to text or tell everyone with an iphone to goto settings->messages and turn on "Send as SMS"... that will fix it right away...

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Exactly, they are really fast and helpful. The only other you could do is change your apple password. Should happen right away when they unplug you but they will say 72 hours max. I have done this dozens of times. 5 minutes and it's done.
It's 24 hours, but Verizon has no idea on this, so don't really pay that any attention. This takes 24 hours if you don't turn off iMessage before turning your phone in. It can take upwards of 24 hours, as it takes a little bit to work it's way through all their systems. In all honesty, I think Hangouts would take about the same time, but as Hangouts is available on iPhone for people who for whatever reason go Android -> iPhone, it doesn't matter as much if they can turn off Hangouts.

Also, have your friends turn on "Send as SMS" in Settings -> iMessage, as well as making sure they are texting your *phone number* not your AppleID, and that your phone number in their contact list is listed as a Phone not an iPhone. This will help it take less than 24 hours, otherwise, it's just 24 hours.

That is honestly surprising. Just tell them you need them to "revoke certificates", took me all of 5 minutes...

questionfear

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
You can also go to Apple's device management page on their site, log in with your Apple ID, and DELETE the old iPhone from their system. Also, turn off iMessage on any other Apple devices until you have this resolved.

When I switched from an iPhone I had to delete the old iPhone from my Apple ID and then texts started flowing in immediately. If Apple won't help you on your first call, try going to the store or call again. But you can do it via the website too.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

I work for AT&T wireless and I tell customers to tell iphone people to delete there old conversation with you because it's still going to your old imessage number... Give it a shot

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty