The same songs delete themselves and no others

right to carry

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a S21+ running Android 12. I use Samsung music player but the same happens in VLC. I have about 1,000 songs, some ripped from CD's from the old days and a large number of paid Amazon downloads. I NEVER HAVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH ANY OF THOSE SONGS EVER.

Here is the problem: A friend sent me every Beatles song ever recorded, nice labeled directories, 320kbps bit rate, awesome collection. They play fine on my laptop where they are stored in One Drive (which is loaded on my laptop so instant sync with my phone). So I downloaded Abbey Road and Let It Be to my phone, created playlists, and enjoyed these tunes for a few days. At some point within a week, I come back and the playlists are empty, and the files are nowhere to be found. Not in Samsung or VLC music player and not in my Android file explorer app. Just gone. So I downloaded them again and created playlists again, and they disappeared again, and I have done it two more times. Same problem.

I just paid Amazon and downloaded Let It Be and then I redownloaded Abbey Road from One Drive. I suspect that Let It Be will stick around because I paid for it but I fully expect Abbey Road to disappear again. I have inspected the tags from my friends songs and don't see anything unusual. Is it possible for these songs to self destruct like some Mission Impossible tape? This is beyond frustrating and I don't see a solution other than paying for 50 yr old music which I already have high quality files. Any opinion would be welcome.

Update on 3/21/22: Unbelievable, but Let It Be (which I purchased on Amazon Digital music) has disappeared just like the other songs. Playlist still there but devoid of all 12 songs. The files were deleted in VLC as well. Remember this is paid for music and so this is NOT a DRM issue or else all of my music would be gone. But all other Amazon music and older ripped songs are intact. Let It Be is still on One Drive. So I downloaded it again and created a playlist. That lasted a couple of weeks or so and now it is gone a second time. I have no answer for this and I doubt (but hope) anyone can figure it out.

Update on 4/13/22: Forget playlists. I am just adding random songs to my existing directory of music. I stopped Samsung from backing up my music because I suspected it was moving files and not copying them. I was wrong. So I added 25 random songs and yes 8 days later they are all gone. None of my music files that have been there prior to 12 update have disappeared but every song added since the update has eventually disappeared. I give up. I will still remain with Samsung because Apple is not my thing but this really pisses me off.

Update 5/28/22: Same **** different day. How the **** is this possible? Please someone smarter than me figure this out. I have seen similar threads so it is not just me. I stopped caring about the music player months ago. I just want an answer as to what bizarre technical thing is happening.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if this might be a DRM issue -- perhaps OneDrive can detect the DRM and automatically delete it from devices. I searched online for this possibility, but couldn't find anything definitive, though.