HTC One (M8): Boomsound vs Nexus 7 2013 Speakers?

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Id just like a reference point, as I really like my N7's speakers (even though they're on the back ☺). If anybody has both, how do they compare?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Boomsound vs Nexus 7 2013 Speakers?

No contest, BoomSound blows them away. I used YouTube to play the same song on both and it was pretty incredible how much louder and more rich the sound was. You will also get better sound through HTC's music app, or Google play music then through YouTube

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

I have both a Nexus 7 and an M8. The M8's speakers are better. The clarity of the sound it produces is amazing, especially since its from a phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

Awesome to hear that they are better. I suspect I'll be blown away by the M8s boomsound! Thanks for the replies

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

Boomsound is really in it's own class. I can't believe they got that much bandwidth out of such a tiny speaker, at THAT volume. The real impressive thing is that no one else is even coming close, including Apple. HTC basically out-appled, Apple.
Seeing as how I always have a phone playing in my pocket as I do projects around the house and yard, it's a freaking godsend. No more tinny music.

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

LOL at all this concern about a phone's speaker. Volume is one thing and an important one, but give me a break about its "quality". You can't get detailed sound from tiny speakers. Flame me all you want but it's the truth.

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

I've heard three M8's now including my own. They sound nice and clear and have nice volume but they don't seem to be as loud as people make them out to be. That being said, they're still very nice for a phone.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

LOL at all this concern about a phone's speaker. Volume is one thing and an important one, but give me a break about its "quality". You can't get detailed sound from tiny speakers. Flame me all you want but it's the truth.

No intent to flame but you really should give them a listen...I'm constantly impressed with not just the loudness but the stereo separation and sound quality. You obviously don't get ground-shaking bass but it's surprisingly good.

Posted via the "Best Smartphone of 2013" One

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

Have you listened to the speakers? If not, you are in no position to make those statements. Anyways, when people refer to the quality, my impression is that they are referring to the quality in comparison to other smartphones

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Have you listened to the speakers? If not, you are in no position to make those statements. Anyways, when people refer to the quality, my impression is that they are referring to the quality in comparison to other smartphones

No intent to flame but you really should give them a listen...I'm constantly impressed with not just the loudness but the stereo separation and sound quality. You obviously don't get ground-shaking bass but it's surprisingly good.

Posted via the "Best Smartphone of 2013" One

I have. I've been using the One for 6 days straight. The speakers are good for being loud and listening when I don't want headphones. It's nice to be able to hear a podcast while doing dishes. It is loud enough to play music for others to hear. Yes, they are perhaps the best sounding speakers on a mobile device I've heard. But, really? They are good but not "OMFG THEYRE SO AMAZING" good.

I don't know about you guys but I like listening to music. I love it, in fact. And there are no mobile speakers that are good enough. So lol. This is an even sillier discussion than the talk about smartphone cameras replacing DSLRs.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

I've heard three M8's now including my own. They sound nice and clear and have nice volume but they don't seem to be as loud as people make them out to be. That being said, they're still very nice for a phone.

That's like mocking someone for getting excited about ice cream. If all you've eaten is rice, ice cream is pretty exciting!
The comment about the detail is wrong though. Detail is not the challenge, it's getting wider high and low frequency extension AND volume at the same time, in an extremely small space. Easy enough for ear buds, but doing it in an equally small space and getting it to project in a room is a real problem. FWIW, they did improve the detail too. But that's not the real impressive thing here, it's the bandwidth. No one else has done that so far. Phones have just been a nasty, narrow midrange band.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

And there are no mobile speakers that are good enough. So lol. This is an even sillier discussion than the talk about smartphone cameras replacing DSLRs.
Well, no one said that or even brought up that subject of these being a replacement for full sized speakers. We're simply talking about the advancement made. A real accomplishment for the underdog.

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

That's like mocking someone for getting excited about ice cream. If all you've eaten is rice, ice cream is pretty exciting!
The comment about the detail is wrong though. Detail is not the challenge, it's getting wider high and low frequency extension AND volume at the same time, in an extremely small space. Easy enough for ear buds, but doing it in an equally small space and getting it to project in a room is a real problem. FWIW, they did improve the detail too. But that's not the real impressive thing here, it's the bandwidth. No one else has done that so far. Phones have just been a nasty, narrow midrange band.

Hahaha. Sorry for ruining your ice cream. Sorry for being wrong and having an opinion on how I portray them to sound. No one need post any further the questions have been answered above...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non