Transfer texts?

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
This is really basic but I am not really a phone guy so I have to ask. After owning the M8 for 2 weeks I finally decided to make it my main phone and just activated it. Now, my One X has a lot of texts from customers containing info I need. How can I transfer all of those texts to the M8 so that I have those conversations handy? I tried looking online and using the "SMS backup" feature on the One X and it's not working.... :(

Thx in advance.

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
HTC Transfer Tool. It should be part of the setup wizard, for how to restore items from an old device. You can get to it in Settings under "Get content from another phone".

AussieAndroid

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I use sms backup & restore. I can see it working and I can see the file it creates. I've used it to keep all 12,000 texts I've accumulated over the past 2 years over 4 different phones.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys. I got it to work right away with Captain's advice. I'll start backing this stuff up just in case.

Also, if it helps anyone in the future, my transfer failed the first time because my old One X is maxed on memory. I had to delete several things before it would allow the transfer to work in totality.

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I use sms backup & restore. I can see it working and I can see the file it creates. I've used it to keep all 12,000 texts I've accumulated over the past 2 years over 4 different phones.

Same here, it's a simple yet powerful app. My friends freak out when I pull a conversation from 4 years ago out haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38