Tethering T-Mobile HTC One m8

mboon1985

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile seems to cap tethering plans at 7.5GB.

I don't recall ever signing up for tethering, but managed to USB tether my phone this afternoon just to try it out. My speeds were twice local comcast. I want moar. Do i have to stay on comcasts' teet or is there a way i can go full phone-tethering above 7.5gb. or 7gbs, whichever it is.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile seems to cap tethering plans at 7.5GB.

I don't recall ever signing up for tethering, but managed to USB tether my phone this afternoon just to try it out. My speeds were twice local comcast. I want moar. Do i have to stay on comcasts' teet or is there a way i can go full phone-tethering above 7.5gb. or 7gbs, whichever it is.

The base unlimited data is capped at 3 or 5gb. I believe that you can pay an additional $10 for 2gb buckets up to 20gb.

If you want unlimited unthrottled hotspot then Verizon's legacy unlimited unthrottled 4GLTE plan with unlimited unthrottled hotspot is truly unlimited. However since you don't have verizon now, you would have to assume liability of an unlimited line on Verizon, which may cost.

py3y9yze.jpg

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They offer up to 11 GB for tethering plans but you have to call (see the text in the screenshot below). Also it probably isn't cheap so staying with Comcast may be the better option.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• tether.png
    tether.png
    30 KB · Views: 15

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty