Can someone help me please

ukdavid1

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm about to get a M8 - my first smartphone. I want an unlocked version so that I can switch between AT&T and T-Mobile if I want to. From looking at the specs I find it impossible to figure out if I will be able to get LTE on both carriers. I think I need this as LTE is the way forward isn't it?
Thanks in advance. David

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe as long as you buy the unlocked version from HTC then you should get LTE on both networks, you just may have to adjust the APN settings.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

ukdavid1

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much for the reply.
I went to both AT&T and T-Mobile stores yesterday after work. They both assured me that the phone will get LTE service on their networks.
WIll get one next week I guess.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe as long as you buy the unlocked version from HTC then you should get LTE on both networks, you just may have to adjust the APN settings.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Correct, it supports lte on both networks

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Moto G

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
AT&T model can get all tmobile bands? I think there's two. Will the lg g3 be the same way? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tmobile uses band 4 aws currently and will be deploying band 12(700MHz) and band 2 . The unlocked htc one m8 supports bands 2 and 4,but not band 12. But then again no current att or tmobile phone supports band 12 either.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Moto G

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
AT&T model can get all tmobile bands? I think there's two. Will the lg g3 be the same way? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The One M7 came in 2 GSM versions for USA. 1 was for AT&T and the other T-Mobile. The AT&T version didnt support AWS 1700mhz which is what most of TMOs LTE was on. The GPe M7 was also the same spec wise as the AT&T version. So if you had T-Mobile and GPe you had the potential to miss out on a big chunk of LTE.
I believe dpham00 answered the rest in regards to the M8.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch