How many Sprint M8 users are having data/voice problems?

munsterrr

May 17, 2010
Visit site
A simple "yes" or "no" and where you are located should suffice.

Spent a total of 5 hours with Sprint between the phone and corporate stores since the first day this came out and today I was finally told the truth that all Sprint HK M8 owners are facing data issues.

To be specific(D.C. is a spark area) Every 15 minutes or so, my data/voice will drop regardless of what I am doing and pick back up anywhere between 1x and lte/spark 3-4 minutes later like clock work.

The lady at the corporate store let me see how my phone was in the red(see last pic). I went back to stock unrooted. Downloaded the .15 update. Updated profiles, PRLs, ##72786# data resets constantly and this problem still exists. The best that any representative could do is credit me $30 for my troubles(bull ****). Tried to get a replacement handset and they told me no. No one has given me any sort of "this will be fixed soon". Its always "well.....profile/prl/data updates cant fix this so a technician will look at your local tower"

I'm trying to get a rough estimate as to how many people are having the same problems

Here are pics for reference. This all happened with in 2 hours and continues to happen
HK M8 - Imgur

Don't be surprised if you see this on other forums. Kind of going every where to see how many are having issues.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes I am having call quality problems, and I have a regular Sprint HTC M8 {not the HK version}

While my M8 has frequently switched from Spark 4G LTE to 3G and back where I live (in the Fairfax County area VA), since I got it in March, previously I never had any phone call issues. A few weeks ago I started having calls drop, but it only seemed to be happening at home. I do not seem to be having problems anywhere else.

Like you, I called Sprint and they had me do a Service Reset {##72786#}, which seemed to help for a couple of weeks.

I have, however, had problems with dropped calls again, so I again called Sprint. I explained that I am only having problems at home. The rep took the report, and offered to send me an Airave, which I accepted. Hopefully the Airave will help with my signal problems at home. If not, I will call again to complain.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

Angela 1

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I have had problems since I first bought the phone and Sprint is no help. I often have no data even after the software update (Northeast Ohio)

5dadd7

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Did you get the latest s/w update? It is supposed to correct those issues. I had the same problem returned the phone to HTC. They determined that it was defective and send me a replacement phone. Also the cell site near my home was down for several days adding to the problem.

cgb77

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I've had problems with the HK edition since I got it. I'm in Edison, NJ, but I mostly have problems travelling to NYC on the Northeast Corridor trains. My signal drops throughout my trip. I've noticed drops in the city as well and the software update doesn't appear to have improved anything. The most annoying thing I've noticed is the phone showing practically a full 3G signal, but telling me I have no data connection. Luckily, I have a wi-fi signal most of the time, so I've been able to live with it. I've also noticed that phone calls go right to voicemail without the phone ever ringing.

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
San Francisco, regular M8. Data problems since day 1.
Previous threads indicated it's related to Spark. I switched to CDMA ONLY and problems were gone.

Was it last week or the week before (?) that my M8's data problems returned. When I checked the M8 was no longer in CDMA ONLY mode. Switching back to that mode returned my stable data connection.

Sprint's SF 3G is clearly improving this year, some days it's been downright "fast".

munsterrr

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Received my replacement at 11am(EST) this morning and have had zero drops or issues since then. Been at full service in Spark since then.

Will update this thread in a few days with my findings.

Sucks because I am afraid to root/s-off because everything is working but I miss my backups of apps(Ti Backup) that I have been working on for years and hate these damn ads and bloat ware.

kingsway8605

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Its sprint, not the phone. The network is getting worse too. Switch to t-mobile, its cheaper, true unlimited if you want it, and better coverage. Not a troll, I've had both. What sprint considers "coverage" on their maps is different than what t-mobile does. T-mobile has a better and faster network.