My HTC One M8 died. Please help!

juanfra18

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I was texting and the phone just turned off, I tried to wake him up again but it didn't. I connected it to the charger to see what happened and a charging icon appeared while the led light was blinking in orange, but it was not the normal charging icon that appears when you're charging the phone it was just an empty battery with the lightning icon inside. I thought it had no battery left and I wasn't realizing it so I left it there to charge but nothing happened.
I contacted support from HTC through their live chat feature and they told me to try a battery calibration but it didn't work (I think it was because i had the fast boot mode turned on). I told them that it didn't work and they told me that they could not help me anymore and that i had to send my device to their repair department for free or that I could swap it for a used one. If I send it to repair it I would be 10 days without my phone and if I swap it I would have to pay $30 and if they find some scratches or damages in my phone, which it has, they will charge me more money.
I was trying to fix the problem on my own but I couldn't do anything. If someone could help me I would appreciate that!

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Well first off how long have you had it on the charger? What was your battery percentage when it first shut off?
Can you boot into the bootloader? While plugged in so you know you have power, hold down the power button for the 10ish seconds it needs to restart, then as soon as it does hold volume down until it enters the bootloader. Once that's happened try to reboot from there.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The time my phone did this, I tried a simple trick....

It's a long shot..... But I pressed (and held) volume up and then pressed (and held) the power button for about 10 to 15 seconds...

When I released, the unit powered on....

Lego

juanfra18

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Well first off how long have you had it on the charger? What was your battery percentage when it first shut off?
Can you boot into the bootloader? While plugged in so you know you have power, hold down the power button for the 10ish seconds it needs to restart, then as soon as it does hold volume down until it enters the bootloader. Once that's happened try to reboot from there.

It didn't work but thanks a lot!

juanfra18

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
The time my phone did this, I tried a simple trick....

It's a long shot..... But I pressed (and held) volume up and then pressed (and held) the power button for about 10 to 15 seconds...

When I released, the unit powered on....

Lego

Didn't work for my unit :(. Thanks!

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
There's various methods sometimes of restoring a bricked phone to its factory state. It's usually from bricking it when rooting or flashing ROMs but it's possible you may be able to use one of those methods. I'd advise you to go over to the M8 forum at xda developers forums and ask for help in the section for that there. You'll get people who know what they're doing much more than I do in regards to unbricking phones.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Didn't work for my unit :(. Thanks!

Ok i dont have a htc one m8 (i wish i had ;)) but my galaxy nexus is fïne LOL ;)

Anyways is your phone rooted/running a custom ROM? and try holding te power button Down for 1min that may Work if not try plugging it in?