Htc m8 gallery is driving me nuts

Nicolamel

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello,recently I purchased the m8 and switched from an iPhone 4s. I'm liking android so far but there is one thing that is driving me mad: the gallery is creating and showing a single album for every 9gag image I see while browsing the app and it fetches them from the cache. I looked on the web for a solution and I saw some guy telling to create a file named .nomedia in the folder. This does solve the issue only temporarily because when I erase the cache with programs such clean master, the weird albums appears again. And it's really annoying erasing albums one by one since I don't seem to be able to find a way to select multiple albums and then click Delete. Do any of you encounter the same problem? It's really annoying and it has happened already four or five times.

Thank you for your time

Sent from my Htc One M8

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's pretty much how the gallery works in Android. The system's Media Scanner periodically scans all folders for new images, which it then adds to the Gallery app's database. It will ignore folders that have a .nomedia file. Many apps may create their own folders to store images used by the app, and a good developer will know to add a .nomedia file to those folders. I suggest emailing the developer and letting them know about the problem: support+android@9gag.com

binxiboo

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Same issue with the messanger stickers, games, and anything from certain apps. I have told HTC, they told me to tell the app makers. I did that, no answer back.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress