Hey so I just switched from iPhone to Android and I've hit a few snags along the way and this is one of them.

I rooted my phone yesterday and have been trying to add a .kl file into my phone at "/system/usr/keylayout" but as soon as I save the changes on the file and restart the phone the file's gone. I paid for "Root Explorer" and set it to "mount r/w" to add the file (which is set properly to rw-r--r--) and it saves fine so I don't understand why it disappears when I restart my phone?

Any help would be appreciated, I'm really new to Android so if you need to know anything else let me know. Thanks
    10-25-2014 06:07 PM
    Did you root the stock rom you are on or did you flash a custom rom? If you only rooted the stock rom you still have write protection enabled is my guess. Also install busybox from the playstore
    10-25-2014 09:35 PM
    I think I flashed a custom rom? The utility I was using to make rooting simple had me select TWRP or something along those lines if that's a custom rom? I'm not too sure. I'm about to try doing s-off cause supposedly that gets rid of write protection. I'll check out busybox - does doing s-off disable wp?

EDIT: I've got busybox installed now but idk how to disable write protection. Will s-off just disable it by default or is there more to it?
    10-25-2014 10:04 PM