Flash Sprint software on non-Sprint device

minos316

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I am currently soff at the minute have the eu version of the phone. I am wondering is their anyway of converting my phone or be able to install a sprint variant fw sense on my phone? I want to do this as sprint fws are able to use UMS in the os itself and I really want that feature.

Another question i have which has be confused is I was reading the xda sprint forum and someone mentions that boot files are usually removed from fw.zips as flashing a boot from somewhere else could get rid of soff. is this true I don't get it? My phone is EU.

I was going to go ahead and flash the sprint fw but I don't know enough as of yet. I'm not even sure whether it would work.

Im also having an issue with my bluetooth where without any software helping it, so stock. It takes well over a minute to connect to my car bluetooth. I downloaded an app and changed the retry attempts which fixed the connection taking forever to connect. It however now no longer plays music automatically when its first connected to the car. is there anyway i can fix this?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Q Some questions, Sprint fw, Non perm Soff.

No, you can't flash the Sprint software since your device does not have the hardware to support it. Doing so could result in the device being bricked beyond repair.

minos316

May 12, 2015
Visit site

Thought so, thanks for confirming. is there any other way of getting UMS working within the OS itself?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Thought so, thanks for confirming. is there any other way of getting UMS working within the OS itself?
Not that I'm aware of. I've looked around and found a thread on XDA with this discussion: [Q] USB Masst Storage ? UMS ... | HTC One (M8) | XDA Forums

Take a look at the thread and see if there's anything useful in there. I'd always caution against flashing ROMs intended for different models. Hopefully the above link provides you with some useful information.