Upsizing / Changing out Micro SDXC card - couple of questions. Can I please get some help?

ArcticFamily

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Upsizing / Changing out Micro SDXC card - couple of questions

I'd like to move from a 32GB to 64GB Micro SDXC card. Can I simply connect my phone to my PC's usb port and the new card to a card writer on another USB port and copy the entire contents of the card to the new card? Then swap cards out on the device?

If not the case, please let me know the best procedure.

808Mobi

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Upsizing / Changing out Micro SDXC card - couple of questions

I think you have to insert the new card into your device first so it will format for Android. But then you can certainly do what you're describing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ArcticFamily

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site

The new still-blank card was recognized by my M8, but requesting to Format it resulted in being asked for a PIN.
I have no clue what pin it wants.. tried all I know... How many characters is it looking for? and if it recognized the card, do I need to Format it anyway?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

What i did when going from old card to new card was shut off phone.
Eject memory card. Pull out adapter, hook to computer, create temporary folder on desktop. Copy contents to desktop. Swap cards. copy content to new card. Then put new card in phone. Turn on phone. I got a Sandisk Extreme Plus 64GB class U3. It was already formated.