Disable notification flash in "Do Not Disturb" Mode. Android 6.0 - marshmallow

Robbgt

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi All, New to the forum - first post. Have HTC M8 (HTC6525LVW) for Verizon and recently recieved OTA update to Android 6.0 and Sense UI 7.0. Android build number is 6.21.605.3

With Android Lollipop, DND mode would prevent the notification LED from flashing when receiving a notification. With Marshmallow, the notification LED still flashes. There are no adjustable settings for the LED in the DND menu, and the ones listed in the "sounds and notification" settings are very limited. There IS a way to manage LED notifications and turn them off entirely, however this would be an extra step to have to go into this menu every time DND mode is enabled. As a note, this is the same issue with both "on" and "priority" DND mode.

Am I missing something here? Any help and suggestions would be appreciated. I would prefer not to use a 3rd party app to handle this unless no other options.

Thanks in advance all.

Robb

fearjay

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Hey Robb,

I'm having the same exact problem and have been researching this since I updated over a month ago....You are the only posting I have found that has had this problem with their HTC one M8 from Verizon....Do date, I have found no solutions, or no articles talking about it.

If anyone has any information, please help.

Thanks,
Jay