Verizon HTC One M8 Dead after starting Marshmallow Install!

Howlindawg

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Everything seem to go smoothly with the Marshmallow upgrade, but during the install for Part 2 the phone got to the red Verizon screen and never moved pass it. After 5 hours I unplugged the phone because it was overheating and tried to shut it down with out success. I left it over night and the next morning the battery was dead so I recharged to 15% and booted to Recovery Mode again with the same results as above :( After 4 attempts at recovery I did the factory reset again with the same results!? Right now after 3 hours since I did the factory rest I still have the Verizon Red Screen of Death! Any suggestions?

Thanks

Update - 4/3/2016

Well its been almost a Month since I posted the above and still No Joy! After talking with Verizon and HTC, Htc was going to send me instructions and a Software Repair Kit (?) and to date nothing has arrived! :( So if anyone has had the same problem updating their phone and fixed it please let me know how. I really want to use Android and not my IOS phone.

Many Thanks

Last edited:

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I would call Verizon customer support. I had the same issue with my Galaxy s5 last year sorry lollipop. They had to send me a new device.

Posted via the Android Central App

Howlindawg

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. That's what I ended up doing. Thru Verizon we talked to HTC who going to email me repair instructions. So we'll see if that fixes the problem. Thanks again.