What to know/do before I hard reset my M8?

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I love this phone and I although I want to upgrade, I dont see anything on the market right now that I really like.

That said, my M8 is very slow in specific areas (namely name lookups in email and sms and camera). If I can get those two things sped up, id have no problem holding on to this phone for the time being.

I have tried everything under the sun to speed these things up and nothing has worked. Im thinking its time for a hard reset.

Just so I know what im doing here...what should I do/backup/know before moving forward?

Thanks in advance for your help.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I love this phone and I although I want to upgrade, I dont see anything on the market right now that I really like.

That said, my M8 is very slow in specific areas (namely name lookups in email and sms and camera). If I can get those two things sped up, id have no problem holding on to this phone for the time being.

I have tried everything under the sun to speed these things up and nothing has worked. Im thinking its time for a hard reset.

Just so I know what im doing here...what should I do/backup/know before moving forward?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Any Documents, notifications, alarms and ringtones you could have downloaded and Photos and videos that are on the internal storage. Afterwards you will have to login once on each app you have installed. Yes, it's not like Apple unfortunately, where you don't even have to do that. But it's very easy. It's a surprise you didn't do it before, every six months I do a reset since it does wonders in terms of storage and smoothness.

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Any Documents, notifications, alarms and ringtones you could have downloaded and Photos and videos that are on the internal storage. Afterwards you will have to login once on each app you have installed. Yes, it's not like Apple unfortunately, where you don't even have to do that. But it's very easy. It's a surprise you didn't do it before, every six months I do a reset since it does wonders in terms of storage and smoothness.

Thanks.
Will Google automatically re-download all of my apps?

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about "automatic restore" under Backup and reset in the Phones Settings?

Under "Backup and reset", the first option "Do a security backup..." should be on. Just make sure of that. Then on "Drive" app settings you should see that the backup is indeed being done. It should be by default but check it first.

Cheers

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Under "Backup and reset", the first option "Do a security backup..." should be on. Just make sure of that. Then on "Drive" app settings you should see that the backup is indeed being done. It should be by default but check it first.

Cheers

I dont see any "Do a security backup" option anywhere.

On that screen, all I ahve is: "back up my data, "automatic restore", "restore from HTC" and reset settings

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
6ddefbef1b4a907e332160a28fc17126.jpg

It's in Portuguese but do you notice the "on" in the first setting, on top? If you also have that your good to go.

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Its not there.
The only thing that is there (other than Google apps) is my whatsapp backup.

--Im thinking about using a desktop backup tool just in case. Any recommendations?

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Its not there.
The only thing that is there (other than Google apps) is my whatsapp backup.

--Im thinking about using a desktop backup tool just in case. Any recommendations?
Yeah, do that. It's your best option. I'm going to replace my battery soon and will do the same.