Keyboard key registers my touch on the key below it. What to do?

htcemeight

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
I have a Verizon HTC One M8 and recently the keyboard letter O registers my touch on the letter below it (K). It does this in the portrait mode, but not landscape mode. It also does it when the keyboard is switched to numbers, and then the 9 key (in the same position as O) registers my touch on the key below it (the ?). It appears to only happen when I touch in the direct middle of the letter, if I touch near the top of the letter square, or the bottom or either side, it seems to work correctly. I have recalibrated the keyboard, Ive tried an app keyboard (swiftkey), Ive cleared cache, Ive uninstalled and reinstalled, and Ive done a factory reset and nothing has solved the problem. Has this happened to anyone else, and what was the solution that fixed it?

htcemeight

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Thanks! No I dont have a screen protector.

Edited to add that I've downloaded Screen Touch Test app and it is showing that dots are appearing in the K key area (which is below the area I physically touch which is where the O key would be), supporting my thinking that the touch registration is offbase in that particular area. Sometimes a dot appears where it should in the O key area with no dot appearing in the K key area, and sometimes the touch does not register in the the O key but only registers in the K key area.

Last edited:

htcemeight

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the link. Yes it still happens in safe mode. I tried typing in Google, messenger, and Calendar and got the same results.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer