Is This the White Flag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Well to be fair, Motorola and Verizon did the one year free screen replacement for the Turbo. It's along the same lines as HTC but they are covering everything and then some.

I was told Samsung would offer a lost cost warranty plan for the S6.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Droid Turbo comes with one free screen replacement. Any free warranty coverage is a plus. I agree there are lots of question marks around the M9, but if I was thinking of buying then this would definitely help.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
As an HTC fan boy(check my post history)i'v just sold my M8 and purchased a note 4.... HTC was ripe to make a move on the market leader and once again spit the bit. such a shame.!!!!!!

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Verizon tooted their horn about the Turbo screen thing well before it was released. Maybe a sign of things to come.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.

EMY92

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
The M9 looks to be another great HTC phone, but the new S6 has stolen all of the headlines.

HTC is looking to capitalize on a fear of most smart phone owners, the drop/break.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The M9 looks to be another great HTC phone, but the new S6 has stolen all of the headlines.

HTC is looking to capitalize on a fear of most smart phone owners, the drop/break.

Could be but HTC really missed a chance to capitalize and outshine the GS6.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
The timing is a bit odd, maybe well after the release but not before the release .

The timing is normal.

Starting with late m7 purchasing, any consumer will now get 1 free screen replacement for the first year on all HTC high end phones. I have about 2 weeks left on my m8 to replace my screen if it gets damaged.

The latest thing from HTC has nothing to do with the phone or the chipset. It's typical and normal and other OEMs should do this. (edit: Samsung dies do this, but like I said in my other thread, it costs $99 for 2 years and a $75 deductible... with HTC it's free for a limited time)

I don't see anyone here that would refuse a free screen replacement for the S6. Why doesn't Samsung do this?

Posted via Android Central App using the all new HTC One (m8)

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Imagine if some auto manufacturer offered some kind warranty on their brand new models, most likely would be their death knell.

This is my point. If there is a high incidence of issues, then get out ahead of the story. It's almost like they want you to think they have your back for something that is pretty rare like screen breakage.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
So rare that is been going on for two years now.
Boy you like to spread fud, don't you.

Edit: and car manufacturers have been giving "bumper to bumper" warranty for how many years now? 20? 30?

Posted via Android Central App using the all new HTC One (m8)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It's not as if my decision to buy a M9 over the GS6 would be influenced by the offer. Nothing to do with functionality or performance differentiation other they aren't confident in their product to offer ahead of any potential issue not likely to happen often.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Two things. In the context of recent posts in threads where both devices are discussed, may not appeal to some but not out of place. Anyone that reads my posts knows I am a big on Samsung but open minded to consider all devices when deciding on a replacement for my GS4. I have always tried to be respectful of other device makers.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see something like this from Samsung for the edge. I'm nervous about that model because we just don't know how fragile the screen will be, and I'm sure replacing it will be both expensive, and a pain (requiring a send back to Samsung - I can't see much, if any after market availability of the screen, nor would I trust a third party with repairs at this point since the tech is so new)

Posted via Android Central App

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I would like to see something like this from Samsung for the edge. I'm nervous about that model because we just don't know how fragile the screen will be, and I'm sure replacing it will be both expensive, and a pain (requiring a send back to Samsung - I can't see much, if any after market availability of the screen, nor would I trust a third party with repairs at this point since the tech is so new)

Posted via Android Central App

Exactly. I'm still on the fence on which S6 version to get and something like this would help push me to the edge (heh). I can't imagine replacing the screen on the Edge version being even close to reasonable. My guess is if you drop and break the screen, you're better off picking up a cheaper phone off ebay. If I get the edge, I will most certainly be getting some type of insurance.

I don't have that worry with the regular S6.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how offering consumers an advanced (and free) warranty package as a differentiator is evidence of some sort of problem. If there are any heating issues, they would be covered under the general warranty anyway. Uh-oh is for accidental damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty