HTC Uhoh Protection - Great but no sales advantage

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Great program love it, awesome to know that I get a free replacement if I break the screen within a year, or $100 off next year M10. Love this because mostly don't use cases.

Problem?
USA only, big deal why is it a problem? Well for one the carrier reps aren't going to mention this to any customer who walks in and buys the phone. And most customers have zero knowledge about phone, benefits etc, also HTC is not going to run a long ad campaign for this.
The carriers want to sell their own insurance program, cases and don't want the customer to walk out just with the phone and assurance of having phone replaced for free when broken. When I bought my T-Mobile M9 the customer rep added insurance to my plan even though the phone had uh-oh protection. I used to argue with them before to not add but now I'm tired, just walk out and I'll remove the insurance logging into my account online. I'm pretty sure it's same case with every carrier. I know the reps get additional commission selling these extra services, cases so they are not going to talk up about uh-oh protection.

Uhoh is a great service, but it's never going to give them advantage selling their phone over other in the carrier stores. They will probably have better advantage if they open it up outside US. Don't get why they introduced as US only when it's not going to help them.

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I never buy insurance and have never had a rep add it when I tell them no. If they did, I'd walk out and go elsewhere.

Posted via Android Central App

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I never buy insurance and have never had a rep add it when I tell them no. If they did, I'd walk out and go elsewhere.

Posted via Android Central App
Yeah T-Mobile wants to push their $10 jump which includes insurance. I used to get irritated and argue with them on why the hell they keep forcing even if I don't want. Now a days I don't waste my time arguing either buy online, or even in store let them add it and I go online immediately and remove it.

lizzyoffside

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
While Uh Oh may sound like a great service I'm quickly discovering that it is not.

I discovered the hard way that the M9 does not like water, even in small amounts. Knocked over a glass and fried my brand new phone.
I figured that was no problem since it came with Uh Oh protection.
My phone died on a Friday night so I had to wait until Saturday morning to call in a claim. They walked me through the process and gave me two options for receiving a replacement phone. I chose to have a hold placed on my credit card so they could overnight me a phone and I was assured I would have a new phone in hand on Monday. On Monday afternoon I noticed they had not updated my ticket status to shipped so I called and was told that they don't ship on weekends so my phone would be overnighted to me on Monday and I would have it Tuesday. At 8:30PM pacific time on Monday I got an update that my phone had been shipped. Unfortunately they didn't give me the option of where I wanted it shipped so I discovered that it was going to my home address and a signature would be required. I rerouted the package to my work address via UPS thinking that would solve the problem. It didn't. Just got off the phone with UPS because the tracking info hadn't updated and they told me that HTC still hasn't shipped my phone. It's been 5 days and I have no idea where my replacement phone is.

wildclip

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I would try hitting them up on twitter, sounds like they dropped the ball on this

Posted via the Android Central App

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
While Uh Oh may sound like a great service I'm quickly discovering that it is not.

I discovered the hard way that the M9 does not like water, even in small amounts. Knocked over a glass and fried my brand new phone.
I figured that was no problem since it came with Uh Oh protection.
My phone died on a Friday night so I had to wait until Saturday morning to call in a claim. They walked me through the process and gave me two options for receiving a replacement phone. I chose to have a hold placed on my credit card so they could overnight me a phone and I was assured I would have a new phone in hand on Monday. On Monday afternoon I noticed they had not updated my ticket status to shipped so I called and was told that they don't ship on weekends so my phone would be overnighted to me on Monday and I would have it Tuesday. At 8:30PM pacific time on Monday I got an update that my phone had been shipped. Unfortunately they didn't give me the option of where I wanted it shipped so I discovered that it was going to my home address and a signature would be required. I rerouted the package to my work address via UPS thinking that would solve the problem. It didn't. Just got off the phone with UPS because the tracking info hadn't updated and they told me that HTC still hasn't shipped my phone. It's been 5 days and I have no idea where my replacement phone is.
Without a physical store this type of experience is common with all manufacturers. It's a huge advantage Apple have over everyone.

lizzyoffside

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Happy to report I finally got my phone, it finally arrived on 4/17. Sounds like the ball was dropped by both HTC and UPS. HTC had created the tracking number but wasn't handing the phone over to UPS and when UPS finally got it they delayed the delivery. Hopefully I just got unlucky and other people aren't having this experience with HTC. They did call me to confirm that I had received my replacement device and that it was working correctly.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abhishek397