Major Battery Drain Since VZW Android 6.0 Update

terporiolefan

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I've seen people mention better battery life but is anybody else with VZW experiencing major battery drain on their M9 since the 6.0 update? A few texts and twitter usage on WiFi and I'm down nearly 50%. GPS, NFC & Bluetooth all off, and no unwanted apps running in the background.

Anybody else dealing with this or just me?

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
By connection issues do you mean the connection stalls and turns off momentarily and turns back on?
It will show connected and stalls or stops responding. The Wi-Fi always shows connected with no activity. Tried it on two working routers and it does the same thing. Frustrating.

Bildriver

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I agree, it helped the M9 overall. I've had no issues and the doze is really good. Unplug at midnight 100% At 7:00 a/m 99 % .

Posted via the Android Central App

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree, it helped the M9 overall. I've had no issues and the doze is really good. Unplug at midnight 100% At 7:00 a/m 99 % .

Can you share your settings apps etc...? I unplug my phone @ 5 am and by 9 am it's down to 96%. Keep in mine Wi-Fi (connected,great signal), excellent cell phone service (full service) mobile data on along with Wi-Fi but disconnected until away from Wi-Fi. Location:battery saving.

DJ Grand Theft Audio

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I think the key is it can not be moving. Set on a table it will doze but not in your pocket.

This is silly. Google think they're so clever. So if the phone is in my pocket and I'm not using it everything on the phone is going to be awake causing the battery to drain even though I'm not using it.

RedRacer95

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I've had battery issues as well since 6.0 was installed. The phone is fine in general until I start texting. Texting now seems to be a significant drain on my battery. About 1% usage for ever 3-4 messages sent/received. Using other apps don't have the same affect on battery life.

bhmcc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely having both issues since the Marshmallow update. Significant battery drain and really poor WiFi performance...both Chrome and Dolphin Browser seem to have issues loading pages over WiFi. Phone also gets hotter than ever too. Anyone have any recommendations for fixing either of these without rooting? My employer won't allow rooting.

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm also having issues with battery drainage since the update. I've tried to pinpoint it with Gsam and the native battery usage app in the settings, but really can't figure out what is running.