My HTC One M9 Won't Show up on HTC Sync Manager

A

AC Question

My phone and HTC Sync Manager were working fine two days ago, but this issue has got me fed up.
When I plug my phone to my laptop, it will charge, but it wont show up on my computer. It says "Installing set up driver, may take several minutes". It takes about fifteen minutes and then just says "HTC Phone disconnected" or "Not responding", even though I hadn't touched it.
I've used multiple different cords, I've tried to change the MTP types and i've messed around with USB Tethering, I've downloaded two different versions of The HTC Sync manager, uninstalled it, and then reinstalled it, and my phone is STILL not showing up. I've tried troubleshooting the problem in my device manager, because it shows up there at least, and all it tells me is that "Setup is not complete." What does that mean? What happened overnight that suddenly my laptop doesn't even recognize my phone?????

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What OS is your laptop running? Did it recently get any system updates (the computer, not the phone)? Does this persist after rebooting the laptop?