Verizon HTC One Max: Official Android 4.4.2 Update Discussion Thread

1dtbrown

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi

As a DNA owner I would like to know after the update to 4.4 if you still have the hotspot feature working. I have a DNA with 4.2 and the hotspot feature works and I do not want to loose it.

Thanks Scott

daero93

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm downloading Kitkat now as we type. Update prompted automatically.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using AC Forums mobile app

doublestack1

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
It downloaded on mine but it never updated. Device still shows 4.3. When I check for updates nothing happens. Weird.

Tried rebooting etc but no luck

Posted via Android Central App

BahamaTodd

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Problems so far:

1. GPS doesn't work anymore. I'm in China on a business trip so my data is off, but this sucks not having GPS in an unfamiliar country. When GPS did work it sometimes took a while to lock on, so I'll have to see if it works when I get back to the US next week.
  2. Words with friends is glitchy - not responding sometimes.

Camera seems to be fine. I'll see if anything pops up when I start fully using it again with data.

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I believe the reason why it's not working is because your data is off there's no way to use GPS on the phone without internet connection

sent from
HTC one max

BahamaTodd

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
As long as you download the map with data or wifi, GPS will work. To ensure you have a map stored in google maps (android or iphone), view the map that you want and search for "ok maps".

The GPS has somewhat started working but it is very difficult to get it to lock onto my location. I have to be outside and moving. I'll be back in the US next week so we'll see how it works then.

IamMoyMoy

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
My device has gone haywire since the OS update. The volume and power keys aren't functioning as they should. The volume increases automatically and it cannot be controlled. When I attempt to lower it, it continues to increase. The power button when pressed doesn't shut the screen off. It remains on. No help from tech support. Have no idea how to downgrade to the previous OS. Sad to have my new device already bricked 😕😕

Posted via Android Central App

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member