Apps crashing on HTC One Mini 2

lewishuxley

May 19, 2015
Visit site
My HTC One Mini 2 is causing me all sorts of problems.

Firstly, most apps crash on start-up. This began with Google apps - particularly when they were syncing - but is now occurring with third party apps including The Guardian, BBC Sport, 1Password, Nike+ Training Club, etc.

The first time this happened, I cleared all the caches; removed and reinstalled my Google account; deleted and reinstalled the apps. This didn't solve the problem, so I performed a factory reset.

Two weeks after the factory reset, the problem has returned, only now I have uninstalled some of the crashing apps, but I cannot download them again. I am given the error message 'insufficient space' even though there is 10GB free on the phone and 32GB free on an SD card.

The phone is practically useless to me at the moment... Any suggestions?

lewishuxley

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy,

So, I downloaded apps from the Google Play Store.

I have wiped the cache partition. This seems to have uninstalled several third party apps that were working fine.

I had previously uninstalled the problematic apps. However, I still cannot download them - or any other apps - to check whether the changes have made any difference.

When I try to download an app - either as normal or in Safe Mode - I am shown the the error message: 'Insufficient storage available'.

What's next?

lewishuxley

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, sure...

Screenshot_2015-05-20-10-49-58.png
Screenshot_2015-05-20-11-11-27.png

Just FYI, the apps that have disappeared after wiping the cache partition are Todoist, Tasker, Dropbox and Tesla Unread Plugin (which works with Nova Launcher). However, the Todoist Add Task shortcut still appears on the home screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo