Text preview on lockscreen

Tjalsma

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't appear as though this is a feature? It's extremely hard to believe. My understanding is that it may be to conserve battery and while the text will show up on the lock screen, it only does so after you've hit the lock button anyways?

I just switched from Windows Phone and this is really the only major issue so far. It's kind of hard to use it from a productivity standpoint when you have to keep unlocking it and unlocking it every time the led indicator flashes.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what text app you're using and I'm not really sure if you want them to appear when the phone is locked, but if that's what you are getting at check your security settings for notifications. In there you should be able to select "show sender and preview" under text messages. If that doesn't allow them to appear then then try Go SMS or Handcent both have notifications that show up on your lock screen without unlocking, and I think it is the default setting so nothing to change. Other SMS apps may do this but you will have to check on the others? Also something to keep in mind is that they only show up for about 15 to 20 seconds unless you interact with them.