Persistant Google Search (Search Bar On All Screens)

Ogre840

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone!

New convert from Big S to T-mo here, going back to HTC after a short affair with the SGSIIE4GT (previously the original EVO and the Hero before that).

I've gotten everything set up, except I can't seem to find the option to turn on the Google Search Bar on all screens like I had in some ICS roms on my E4GT, and I'm hoping it's including on here and I'm just missing it.

Anyone know where I can find it, or if it was removed?

Thanks in advance!

espi007

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean the Google search bar widget on each home screen?
Or do you mean the google search bar at the top of each web page tab?

Ogre840

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
On my SGSII most ICS roms had an option for "persistant search" on the home screens, which was just the search bar moved to the very top of the screen (higher than you can place a widget) that was available on each home screen.

I like it cause it's cleaner/sleeker looking than the widget.

rockerboy402

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Try the APEX Launcher. Not only does it give you the Google Search bar at the top, which can be on all screens, but APEX is more ICS-Like. It also consumes fewer resources than HTC Sense and looks just as nice, if not better. My new HTC One S was consuming battery like crazy, and I noticed a HUGE improvement when I switched over to APEX.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Press and hold the search button? Search is any where you want it....

Or.... Put the search widget on every home screen?

EDIT: oops, the One S doesn't have a dedicated search button does it? :confused: :eek:

// Sent using the Android Central app //

Last edited: