Performance

Dominosdad

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I've been assuming that the slowness of my ONE V is normal, it's always been slow to respond. e.g. touching the home button and there's a five second+ lag before it even starts to do anything.
Exiting an app, selecting a different one and waiting for that to load can be a 20 to 30 second wait before I can even get started doing stuff, which feels like a long time, (especially waiting for the satnav to launch).
Is it normal for this device?
Or is my device abnormally slow to respond?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I've been assuming that the slowness of my ONE V is normal, it's always been slow to respond. e.g. touching the home button and there's a five second+ lag before it even starts to do anything.
Exiting an app, selecting a different one and waiting for that to load can be a 20 to 30 second wait before I can even get started doing stuff, which feels like a long time, (especially waiting for the satnav to launch).
Is it normal for this device?
Or is my device abnormally slow to respond?

You should check to see if you have anything running in the background.

Dominosdad

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
"it's always been slow to respond. "
I just assumed that was normal. I have no benchmark to compare it with.
I don't know anyone else with a One V.
I'll be glad to see the back of it.

Dominosdad

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I've had my phone replaced under warranty.
While I'd not say it is now wonderful, it's a heck of a lot better.
Instead of the six second wait when I touch the home button it responds straight away.
It doesn't take two attempts to read messages anymore.
Apparently it has always had a (not-specified) fault.
How that fault could lead to these kinds of irritating problems, rather than a complete and identifiable fall over is a mystery not divulged to me as a mere customer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya