Can't unlock HTC One X+ :(

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

Was hoping someone here could help me out. I got a AT&T One X+ over six months ago and was going to use it for a trip to europe, but a few months back when I contacted AT&T they said I had to wait until June to get it unlocked. So I contact them a few weeks ago, and the person I talk to says they can't unlock it. They tell me to go online and request an unlock but it says my phone isn't eligible for it. I call again, and they try to get me the unlock code, and they say they just don't have it and I would have to contact HTC. I call HTC and they say its illegal for them to give me an unlock code. I've even gone through those ebay guys and tried to get an unlock code through them, but I assume they tried going through the same channels I did. So now I'm stuck. I have a perfect phone for europe, but can't unlock it. Is there some way to circumvent AT&T to unlock it? Kinda seems like a lost cause right now. :(

:'(

w0ng

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
a lot of ebayer offer this unlock code.. have you try them? since i read a lot sell them unlocked for overseas.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Was hoping someone here could help me out. I got a AT&T One X+ over six months ago and was going to use it for a trip to europe, but a few months back when I contacted AT&T they said I had to wait until June to get it unlocked. So I contact them a few weeks ago, and the person I talk to says they can't unlock it. They tell me to go online and request an unlock but it says my phone isn't eligible for it. I call again, and they try to get me the unlock code, and they say they just don't have it and I would have to contact HTC. I call HTC and they say its illegal for them to give me an unlock code. I've even gone through those ebay guys and tried to get an unlock code through them, but I assume they tried going through the same channels I did. So now I'm stuck. I have a perfect phone for europe, but can't unlock it. Is there some way to circumvent AT&T to unlock it? Kinda seems like a lost cause right now. :(

:'(

Under the new dmca revisions, it is illegal for any one outside the carrier to unlock the phone, including you. You should especially avoid those ebay unlockers, they are all operating illegally.

If att won't unlock it you are kinda stuck with a phone you can't use outside the us. This can all be and has been easily blamed on carrier greed. If ever there was a more corrupt law, this would be it. The sad thing is the head of the library of Congress didn't even fully understand what he was signing off on, he just did so to get the carriers off his back (namely att and verizon).

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Thanks w0ng, I did try ebay already. They weren't able to get the code.

gollum18, thanks for the legal explanation. I'm still hoping there's some way i'll be able to unlock the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jannel91