Verizon version?

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I honestly wouldn't get my hopes up for a One X variant coming to Verizon, at least not for many months. Verizon is generally off schedule with the rest of the world. Whereas there are global and soon following stateside releases of devices every year, Verizon tends to skip out on those and release good devices in times of lull--usually not long before something of next generation quality is set to come out elsewhere.

As I said before, the One X is enough to get me onto any carrier that has it, for the most part. Even if it means leaving my precious Verizon.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
As I said before, the One X is enough to get me onto any carrier that has it, for the most part. Even if it means leaving my precious Verizon.

I'd think about dropping Verizon for the One X too. I'm hoping the Motorola Fighter has the same features as the One X - if not I might drop Verizon for AT&T or Sprint.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
It makes me nervous that Verizon hasn't announced anything yet considering that other carriers have. I really hope Verizon comes through and gives us a One X variant. I have AT&T currently, but I am unhappy with them and if I were to stay I'd have to pay retail if I were to get the One X. I really want to try android again and want to make sure I get 'the best'.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I dont think verizon will announce anything since they favor the droid brand so much and especially moto and would want to give all the spotlight to the fighter( or whatever it will be called) and then treat this like the red headed step child.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I would hope Verizon will get there version of HTC One X and One S sometime before Christmas. I just throwing a random guess out there that the new Incredible will be model after the One S. I think if Verizon wants to come out with any HTC device it must be based on the HTC One Series since HTC for first half of year is only focus on the One product line.

This is off topic but I hope HTC just focus on One Series period for the entire year as far as smart phones go. I believe One Series is solid product line good enough for the major mobile network providers (AT&T,Sprint,Verizon, and T-Mobile). If HTC decides to make any other one off HTC devices in the states then those devices should be marketed in the lesser mobile network providers I.E Metro,Virgin Mobile...etc.

They should focus on One Series this year and look to make sequels to the product line next year. Hopefully they have a good year and focus on tablets later next year however I doubt HTC will sit that long with out trying to make a comeback in the tablet market again.

HTC's moto should be "slow and steady wins the race"

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I just throwing a random guess out there that the new Incredible will be model after the One S.

That's the impression I get too. I've read the HTC Fireball section of the Rumored Device area and it appears the new Incredible will just be a mid-level phone with mid-level specs.

Concerning the HTC One X, I wouldn't be surprised it AT&T has exclusivity to the phone for a period of time and then it will be released to other carriers. By that time, however, the next Nexus could be just around the corner. Who knows...?

k6tcher

May 29, 2011
Visit site
ThI've read the HTC Fireball section of the Rumored Device area and it appears the new Incredible will just be a mid-level phone with mid-level specs.
Yes, but Verizon will sell it as a super phone and the majority of their customer base will not notice. Honestly, the ones who actually care about having the best specs on a phone is probably a very small percentage of Verizon's customer base. I have two upgrades with Verizon I have been sitting on. Why? Poor phone selection. Almost every phone they offer has a negative to it (mostly non-HD screens or something) except the Rezound maybe. But the Rezound has an S3 chip. It is out-of-date now that the S4 is out. By the time Verizon gets an S4 chipped phone, it too will be out-of-date or a few months from it anyway.

If Verizon gets an S4 chipped phone, or a Tegra 3 phone, or even the Samsung SIII within a few months of manufacturer's announcement, I'll sign a 5-year contract with them. But this is a fantasy.

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I like my galaxy nexus. It does what I want it to and has a beautiful screen that is great in sunlight. I have found that if you hold out for the next best phone, you will never get a new phone. Set a date to buy a new phone, when that date comes buy the phone that fits you best and be happy with it. Do not worry about what is released a month later.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but Verizon will sell it as a super phone and the majority of their customer base will not notice. Honestly, the ones who actually care about having the best specs on a phone is probably a very small percentage of Verizon's customer base. I have two upgrades with Verizon I have been sitting on. Why? Poor phone selection. Almost every phone they offer has a negative to it (mostly non-HD screens or something) except the Rezound maybe. But the Rezound has an S3 chip. It is out-of-date now that the S4 is out. By the time Verizon gets an S4 chipped phone, it too will be out-of-date or a few months from it anyway.

If Verizon gets an S4 chipped phone, or a Tegra 3 phone, or even the Samsung SIII within a few months of manufacturer's announcement, I'll sign a 5-year contract with them. But this is a fantasy.

The fireball is rumored to have s4 chip and supposedly to be out sometime in april. Every android phone is outdated a few months after it comes out. This is nothing new and not going to change anytime soon. Not to mention verizon never marketed the inc2 as a super phone and didn't really push it that hard. The incredible 1 was different because at the time it was top of the line specs. not to mention if the fireball rumors hold true the dual core s4 and amoled screen are by no means slouch in the specs department. most people do not care about hd screens and would be perfectly fine with qhd.

k6tcher

May 29, 2011
Visit site
The fireball is rumored to have s4 chip and supposedly to be out sometime in april. Every android phone is outdated a few months after it comes out. This is nothing new and not going to change anytime soon. Not to mention verizon never marketed the inc2 as a super phone and didn't really push it that hard. The incredible 1 was different because at the time it was top of the line specs. not to mention if the fireball rumors hold true the dual core s4 and amoled screen are by no means slouch in the specs department. most people do not care about hd screens and would be perfectly fine with qhd.
As long as customers settle for low to mid-range tech but continue to pay premium prices, Verizon has no incentive to carry high-range, top-of-the-line phones. I guess that is business to them. But it is also why I haven't upgraded with them in over two years. I see the little game they are playing with us.

The Fireball will be a variation of the OneS, I agree. But it will be an lesser version in someway. If it doesn't have an S4 chip, I wouldn't be surprised.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
That's the impression I get too. I've read the HTC Fireball section of the Rumored Device area and it appears the new Incredible will just be a mid-level phone with mid-level specs.

Concerning the HTC One X, I wouldn't be surprised it AT&T has exclusivity to the phone for a period of time and then it will be released to other carriers. By that time, however, the next Nexus could be just around the corner. Who knows...?
The next Nexus depends on who wants to throw the cash down. I am done speculating on who is going to make the nexus game!

Back to the og topic, I can't really say what the customer base is for vzw if it's market is mid range devices or not. Though I do feel it has some truth to it. For Verizon it seems there last top of line device was the OG Droid Incredible everything else base been one trick ponies. Razer is a really thin device with big
battery. The LG spectrum was supposed have a clean display. The rezound with the beats audio. All of these phones can be consider mid range phones with one great feature. In short I agree with people believing Verizon is just marketing mid range devices.

In the end I still believe we will see the HTC S at least.

patstock11

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I have an upgrade in august. I have been a loyal verizon customer for 10 years. They have denied me on numerous occasions to upgrade early. If they dont have a one series phone by august i am SERIOUSLY gonna consider leaving. And i dont want an incredible variant of the one series, i've had both previous incredibles, i deserve a high end HTC product. If they gave me an early upgrade now i'd get a rezound, the phone is phenomenal and underrated IMO, verizon never did the phone any justice. But come august it will be nearly a year old and i want some high end sense 4. Get it together verizon !

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have an upgrade in august. I have been a loyal verizon customer for 10 years. They have denied me on numerous occasions to upgrade early. If they dont have a one series phone by august i am SERIOUSLY gonna consider leaving. And i dont want an incredible variant of the one series, i've had both previous incredibles, i deserve a high end HTC product. If they gave me an early upgrade now i'd get a rezound, the phone is phenomenal and underrated IMO, verizon never did the phone any justice. But come august it will be nearly a year old and i want some high end sense 4. Get it together verizon !

Have you had serious issues with your phone? Has your device been replaced ? If you have had issues and they are documented sometimes an early upgrade is offered.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk