Unlocked Verizon Phone

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a paid off Verizon Flip 5. It's unlocked according to Verizon. Is there a way to get Sanding Cloud and other options that are available on the unlocked version?

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
What is Sanding Cloud?
I suspect it's an indigenous native peoples name for a very rough cloud, that as it traverses across the sky, its roughness leaves scratches (sanding marks) across the sky as well as on other clouds. Perhaps something on the order of an Orbital Sander? 🤔

Or, it could be a case of.... the notorious auto-correction strikes again! 👹

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: J Dubbs

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I think he means Samsung Cloud.
Verizon blocks that even on factory unlocked devices. And I'm not sure Samsung Cloud exists anymore. I think they shut that down and moved everyone to Microsoft One Drive.
When Verizon tells you that your carrier device is unlocked, that just means that you can take it to another carrier. It is not the same thing as a factory unlocked device.

Reactions: donebrasko

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Verizon blocks that even on factory unlocked devices. And I'm not sure Samsung Cloud exists anymore. I think they shut that down and moved everyone to Microsoft One Drive.
When Verizon tells you that your carrier device is unlocked, that just means that you can take it to another carrier. It is not the same thing as a factory unlocked device.
Samsung cloud exist but they took things out which it could back up like gallery/keyboard etc..

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I wish that all phones were just unlocked like the iPhones. Lock it to your carrier until it's paid off.

I will be getting rid of this Fold 5. Might hold it until July and trade it for the 6. If it's like last year it will only cost me 99 dollars.
Not all iPhones are unlocked if you go through carrier it's locked until u pay it off.

The fold 5 u got a great deal for 99.00 was that through your carrier?

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Not all iPhones are unlocked if you go through carrier it's locked until u pay it off.

The fold 5 u got a great deal for 99.00 was that through your carrier?
Yeah I knew that about the iPhones. What I meant was that once you pay them off they don't have any carrier restrictions.

I meant the Flip 5. Sorry