Picked up my New AT&T One X today

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I was lucky enough to get the One X today ahead of the May 6 launch. So far I am really enjoying the phone. My initial thoughts are as follows:

The good

High build quality, feels very good in the hand.
White gets dirty quickly but rubs off easily
Phone is super lite
Display is better then you can imagine, only phone besides IPhone 4s that I have owned that is easy to see in direct light. Display is every bit as good as IPhone 4s and it's more then an inch bigger. Sorry AMOLED fans this display is better. The glass is very thin and has some type of coating that repels finger prints.
Sense is well done so far not the over bearing sense that I didn't like before.
LTE is crazy fast
Beats audio does add to the sound quality
Camera is fast although I haven't played with it enough to see if it can go head to head with the IPhone 4s
No lag yet even with multiple apps open, phone is fast
Stock browser is nice and has nice features like being able to open all websites in desktop mode
First phone that I don't want to or feel the need to put a case on it

The bad

Task button is nice to get to open apps but I can't figure out how to kill the task
Settings button in pull down takes getting use to
The three dots on screen for menu wastes display
Camera lens with the way it protrudes out scares the crap out of me looks like it is just waiting to be scratched
If you aren't comfortable living in the cloud, space could be an issue should have shipped with 32 gb's like the international or for more money offer it in addition to the 16 gb's like IPhone.
Sense takes away some ICS features and feel.

I will provide a more detailed review after I have spent more time with the phone. However, this is the first phone that I feel beats the IPhone 4s in many areas and I can see myself using this phone as my daily driver.
To everyone that pre-ordered the phone I don't think you will be disappointed.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the review!
As for the task button issue, can't you just swipe it away (left or right) like in ICS?

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the review!
As for the task button issue, can't you just swipe it away (left or right) like in ICS?

No the tasks/apps swipe left to right to select and there is no 3 dot menu to select and holding down the task doesn't do anything but launch once you release your finger.

Clcross18x

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
The only way I can think of that you happened to get the phone early was if you just happen to work for AT&T and got it as your COU device. If so, then rock on! The only device they let us use is the Lumia 900 around these parts and everyone hates it. If not, then god help the employee that sold it to you early.

I know if I sold it ahead of time in our store, I'd be on the unemployment line.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The only way I can think of that you happened to get the phone early was if you just happen to work for AT&T and got it as your COU device. If so, then rock on! The only device they let us use is the Lumia 900 around these parts and everyone hates it. If not, then god help the employee that sold it to you early.

I know if I sold it ahead of time in our store, I'd be on the unemployment line.

You're right it's definitely a COU device if this is even true. A couple employees at some rather large stores here in Chicago do have the One X instead of the Lumia 900. So far though, we don't even have as much of a pic of the device. SO we're probably wasting our time even posting in this thread.

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Not a COU device, :D and no I don't work at an AT&T wireless store. This is my phone. As far as I can say on how I got it, best leave it a mystery for now.

I have owned in the past multiple blackberry's, Iphone 3gs, 4, 4s, Atrix, GS2 Skyrocket and many others.

Again I think this phone is going to be a hit. Stay tuned for pics and more detailed writeup.

Last edited: