Visual voicemail

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
You can google xda att vvm and upload the zip file to dropbox. Then use Astro to install the APK from dropbox. Launch att vvm and you are good to go, just make sure that you have unknown sources checked in security settings. Works great.

MrCat2000

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded AT&T Messages from the play store. It seems to work well, it gives both visual VM and text features (I signed up separately for vm to text so I don't know if the text from vm works if you don't).

neocryte

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
You can google xda att vvm and upload the zip file to dropbox. Then use Astro to install the APK from dropbox. Launch att vvm and you are good to go, just make sure that you have unknown sources checked in security settings. Works great.

Unfortunately I have AT&T Messages, so can't get this to set up correctly. I think I need to call AT&T and ask them to reset to my VVM. But yes, got the app just fine - thank you!

(APK) AT&T Visual Voicemail for *ALL!!! (*See AT&T Rules) - xda-developers (if anyone wants the link)

Reactions: jfo7404

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
i had att visual voicemail on a previous phone, when i got my one X it showed up under "my apps" on the note it said it wasnt compatible but not on the one X so i downloaded it and set everything up... you guys should try searching for att visual voicemail.. i had no issue getting it on mine one x

timhobbs

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
If you search for art voicemail viewer it shows that it is available for the one x. When I downloaded it it won't take my voicemail pin though.

neocryte

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, definitely make sure AT&T has visual voicemail set up for you. If you've installed AT&T Messages (which does visual voicemail but also forces you to see text msg notifications), you need to call AT&T and ask them to roll you back to regular visual voicemail (reset it, effectively).

The AT&T Visual Voicemail app (the one I provide the link for - to XDA) works great. I've never felt the need for Google Voice, since I had visual voicemail on my iPhone, and it worked great as a native capability. I didn't really want to go with Voice just to get visual voicemail, so I am happy with my choice right now. Although I heard Google Voice Light lets you do just the visual voicemail part, which is nice.

mooechili

May 14, 2011
Visit site
By Visual Voicemail I'm assuming that means having the ability to read and listen to a voicemail, so that's why I suggested Google Voice. Maybe there's something else you expect, not sure.

But Google Voice is great, it's free, most importantly it's Google and melts into the system. Lots of options, I like being able to set different greetings for my different circles in G+ easily, they added that feature not long ago. I always have a GV tab opened on Chrome.

mooechili

May 14, 2011
Visit site
With GV you can call/text from your computer, a complete history of everything, easy access to changing greetings, lots of options for handling calls, ability to place call widgets on web pages, porting, just so much you can do. Top of the GV page looks like gmail or G+, all your Google options are a click away.

Reactions: Iamdunne

Genetic

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
i have went ahead and sideloaded this app but all and any voicemails i received are still coming up on my phone to dial in. the app doesnt seem to be receiving the voicemails. very odd, im wondering if i need the update

neocryte

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
i have went ahead and sideloaded this app but all and any voicemails i received are still coming up on my phone to dial in. the app doesnt seem to be receiving the voicemails. very odd, im wondering if i need the update

You should not need the update... Try giving AT&T a call and making sure your visual voicemail is set up correctly on their end. I had to do that.

timhobbs

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
You should not need the update... Try giving AT&T a call and making sure your visual voicemail is set up correctly on their end. I had to do that.

Any idea which department you talked to? I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with ATT cust service, this agent obviously had no idea what to do. She said that it was provisioned correctly.
When I downloaded the VVM from XDA, and installed it, it just sits there and says updating account after I setup my password, it never goes past that screen. :mad: