Does AT&T HTC One X with S4 have DEDICATED video ram?

SlimJ87D

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I've heard sources say that the Tegra 3 has dedicated video ram for its GPU. I have not heard the same for the S4.

The noticable difference is the amount of ram available for the system. I've noticed a 400 mb differencet between the two.

This is be a reason and the source of all the multitasking issues. Because the low amount of RAM, the aggressive task killer will freeze apps and restart them when you open them instead of keeping them open. With Sense and the GPU possibly taking up ram, there isn't much for the min free to use ram as a cache.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this would explain why the Tegra 3 version has .98 GB of ram for min free, sense and gives a little left over for what isn't cached. And the S4 version only has 600 mbs.

SlimJ87D

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
It does but not as bad trust me. I've tested it with another user on xda. We had the same stock programs open but he was able to open up 4 more apps than I before the multitask issue occured.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
My buddy bought an international on ebay and I was so impressed I bought one on att. We've done numerous side-by-sides including speed tests, gaming, etc. The multitasking is just as bad on his so I can't think of any way that's possible.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Use Firefox Beta, and stay away from anything that uses the WebKit browser core and you will be amazed how much better this so called multitasking is.
Tested and retested with my international HOX quad core.

Lots of things are thin wrappers around the Webkit browser, so you have to make sure what you are running isn't just a wrapper.

Firefox use converts app restarts to once in a while as opposed to every f'ing time.

I don't think it has anything to do with video memory. It might be just cache poisoning in webkit or simply
memory limits as Jerry speculates. Firefox is much smaller than the stock browser or Chrome.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer