Where is 1.85! It's the last day of the month!

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Come on HTC, we're all patiently waiting for you to fix the dang bugs on this phone. I hate it when a company says "late (insert month here)" and it's the VERY LAST F-N DAY. Probably will get released at 11:59pm also.

I know 1.85 is out, and can be installed manually but that wipes your phone! I want the OTA already..

anyone else get 1.85 OTA yet?

lucidlyseen

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
nope, and I'm waiting until somebody says they got it, because AT&T will make you wait 24hrs to recheck for new software once you try.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Crap! I forgot about that. .I checked earlier today. I hope the OTA pushes out regardless of the upgrade check..

live4nyy

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Come on HTC, we're all patiently waiting for you to fix the dang bugs on this phone. I hate it when a company says "late (insert month here)" and it's the VERY LAST F-N DAY. Probably will get released at 11:59pm also.

I know 1.85 is out, and can be installed manually but that wipes your phone! I want the OTA already..

anyone else get 1.85 OTA yet?

First, AT&T is probably the one holding up the update, not HTC.

Second, the "end of the month" timeline was just a rumor, it was never announced or became "Official".

furygoalbrtis39

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
First, AT&T is probably the one holding up the update, not HTC.

Second, the "end of the month" timeline was just a rumor, it was never announced or became "Official".

Exactly. HTC probably gave the update to AT&T ages ago.
And it was a rumor. Not an announcement by att or HTC

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

k6tcher

May 29, 2011
Visit site
If 1.85 breaks root (as rumored), I do not want it.

And I know there is a work-around kinda thing to get root back on 1.85, but it is far from a one-click type of solution. If I have to change my CID and unlock my bootloader to just get root back, I'll pass on the update.

anon(4735768)

May 6, 2012
Visit site
It may have not done anything for you however it resolved every problem I had.

Being that I have tested it on 2 different HOX phones, and the same issues persist across both, in addition to the same results found by the majority of those over at XDA I would say that whatever it "fixed" for you is nothing more then a placebo effect.

If the update doesn't fix the reported issues across the board to all devices, then the update isn't a fix. If it fixes 1 out of every 10, it's more likely that the 1 person who claims a magical fix, likely didn't have or notice the issues the majority of us are finding with the phone in the first place.

The only thing that 1.85 has consistently done is fix the root exploit for 1.73 & 1.82, if anything it's made the radio even worse.

lucidlyseen

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
It's also not an official release, so until AT&T sends OTA I think it's ridiculous for people to state this does or doesn't fix anything. Who knows, by the time AT&T releases, it might be 1.90...

Being that I have tested it on 2 different HOX phones, and the same issues persist across both, in addition to the same results found by the majority of those over at XDA I would say that whatever it "fixed" for you is nothing more then a placebo effect.

If the update doesn't fix the reported issues across the board to all devices, then the update isn't a fix. If it fixes 1 out of every 10, it's more likely that the 1 person who claims a magical fix, likely didn't have or notice the issues the majority of us are finding with the phone in the first place.

The only thing that 1.85 has consistently done is fix the root exploit for 1.73 & 1.82, if anything it's made the radio even worse.

Reactions: nokia4life

anon(4735768)

May 6, 2012
Visit site
It's also not an official release, so until AT&T sends OTA I think it's ridiculous for people to state this does or doesn't fix anything. Who knows, by the time AT&T releases, it might be 1.90...

It's not ridiculous to state that 1.85 doesn't fix anything when it doesn't, considering the title of the thread is "Where is 1.85".

lucidlyseen

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
yes, where is 1.85 from AT&T "official" not some leaked upgrade. I usually don't install these leaks because they can be both unstable and possibly not do anything as is your case.

Let's all wait for the official update before we start saying the upcoming update doesn't fix anything.

Hey I'll be the first to be pissed if the official update doesn't fix my wifi issues, but until then, I just wait...

It's not ridiculous to state that 1.85 doesn't fix anything when it doesn't, considering the title of the thread is "Where is 1.85".

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
yes, where is 1.85 from AT&T "official" not some leaked upgrade. I usually don't install these leaks because they can be both unstable and possibly not do anything as is your case.

Let's all wait for the official update before we start saying the upcoming update doesn't fix anything.

Hey I'll be the first to be pissed if the official update doesn't fix my wifi issues, but until then, I just wait...

I agree 100%

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Its dumb that its been all most a month and not a single OTA has been released. If we dont see it soon I will be sending my phone back and wait for another flagship device to be released. Its a great phone but HTC seems to show little to no interest in it. Or ATT for that matter. In any case it doesn't matter. We need updates to fix the bugs. Maybe I will just wait up and get the SIII. Who knows!

Cheers...

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Its dumb that its been all most a month and not a single OTA has been released. If we dont see it soon I will be sending my phone back and wait for another flagship device to be released. Its a great phone but HTC seems to show little to no interest in it. Or ATT for that matter. In any case it doesn't matter. We need updates to fix the bugs. Maybe I will just wait up and get the SIII. Who knows!

Cheers...

Galaxy nexus just got its first update in 6 months. 1 month so far is not that bad....

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy nexus just got its first update in 6 months. 1 month so far is not that bad....

Yes but your Blue tooth works. Your wifi works. Mine on the other hand is hit or miss. (for a gnex user.)

When I had me evo 3D we bad updates the day it came out. Just saying...

Cheers...

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes but your Blue tooth works. Your wifi works. Mine on the other hand is hit or miss. (for a gnex user.)

When I had me evo 3D we bad updates the day it came out. Just saying...

Cheers...

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

My WiFi is hit or miss. Bluetooth is fine however it only gets connected to my Subaru and nothing else.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo