AT&T supposedly has direct carrier billing for Play, but I dont s

unopepito06

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: AT&T supposedly has direct carrier billing for Play, but I do

I just got an AT&T One X, couldn't figure out how to carrier bill. Called support and she walked me though it. All I had to do was click Install, then a confirm screen popped up with my credit card number and a "purchase" button. When I clicked on the credit card number itself, it's actually a drop down menu, and Bill My AT&T Account was right there. I don't know if you have to attach a credit card first, but that's what was tripping me up, the credit card number listed is actually just item 1 in a drop-down menu.

Good luck!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

I just got an AT&T One X, couldn't figure out how to carrier bill. Called support and she walked me though it. All I had to do was click Install, then a confirm screen popped up with my credit card number and a "purchase" button. When I clicked on the credit card number itself, it's actually a drop down menu, and Bill My AT&T Account was right there. I don't know if you have to attach a credit card first, but that's what was tripping me up, the credit card number listed is actually just item 1 in a drop-down menu.

Good luck!

That didn't work for me. It had my current card and the one I used to use that expired.

jalb

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

Are you still not able to bill to your acct?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Still a no-go, sadly.

Good luck!

I don't have that option - when I tap on the credit card, it just gives me the option to add another card.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
App purchases can be billed. Any other content can not be billed as of this time

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

unopepito06

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

Well, I would get on the phone again and holler at AT&T. All I can say is that it is supported on AT&T One X, as I mentioned (I've billed 2 paid apps now). Must be a plan issue.

jalb

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

Welp, I tried it one last time. This time the person I talked to told me again that it is device specific, and he supposedly had a list of devices he could pull up in his system, and the HTC One X was not on it. He could not explain why it works for some people and not others. He said the SGSIII was not on it either, but the SGSII was. I asked him if that list was available to customers, and he said no.

Phooey.

lousefeur

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I was using carrier billing with my att HTC one x. It was acting buggy and storage was full so I did a factory reinstall and now it doesn't give that option
:(

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Its app specific,some apps will let you pay with your at&t account and others only let you pay w/ a card.

Sent from my S3:)

Are you sure? That Make no sense to me. I either have it or I don't, depending on the rom I'm running.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
ok if you can't get it that way go to radio shack Wal-Mart game stop target k mart cvs blah blah blah and get a Google play card :)

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Just Tara

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
You have to have Wi-Fi turned off and connected only to your carrier's cellular network. The option to bill carrier should be in the drop-down menu right above the "Accept and Buy" button. I have an HTC One X on AT&T and this works for me with any app.

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I just spoke to AT&T. The carrier billing option is available on smartphones right now. There is a push to enable it on tablets but as of today 1-15-15 it is not an option. AT&T either doesn't know if/when it will be available on tablets or doesn't want to say for sure.

Seems pretty backwards to me. I don't know about anyone else but I would rather play my games on my 12" tablet than my 6" phone.

Oh well, what can we do? HURRY UP AND WAIT/HOPE I guess.:':)':)':)':)':)':)'(