Contacted HTC/ATT...

ANDROIDinOZ

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a HTC ONE X from Att. I had what I originally thought was a flawless phone but discovered after a few weeks use that I had a problem w/ the battery as it would drain way too fast (you could watch the % go down while staring at the screen :eek: ) and then of course the wifi connectivity issue. Specifically my HOX would do fine at my home and work wifi access points but could not reliably connect to other points while out traveling. I would have to turn airplane mode on/off and restart to get it to connect...this is completely unacceptable.

I contacted ATT but since I'm past my 30 days they would only offer a referbished phone. I contacted HTC and after a lengthly phone call and worked my way up to someone who actually knew something about the phone HTC admitted thay my phone (identified by the IMEI and build #) was a phone w/ "known hardware failure" issue. I was advised to contact ATT and obtain a phone w/ a serial number that began HT25XXXXXXXX. My current phone is a HT24XXXXXXXX. The agent explained how the serial numbers where configured and specifically stated that HT23 and HT24 phones are known for wifi and battery issue and should be returned to the point of sale for exchange or whatever that seller will do. They did offer to repair it but I'd have to be w/out a phone for up to 2 weeks :(

Now I have ATT sending me a new phone but they stated it may be refurbished but since it's so close the the HOX release date that referbs may not be available and a new one might be sent instead.

This whole process took me many phone calls and putting up w/ the blatherings of many a nit-wit but hopefully I'll get a working phone when all is said and done. I love my HOX and although my issues weren't as prevalent as others I still do expect a replacement to be functioning at 100% like the original should have.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
My hox serial # starts with ht24. I've never had a problem with the battery or WiFi. In fact this phones battery is the best I've ever had. I'm also updated to 1.85 if that makes a difference.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums.

ANDROIDinOZ

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Well my replacement has shipped today (that only took a day to process) and is shipping from the same location that my original HOX shipped from (some place down in TX). I don't know where the refurbs ship from but hopefully mine is a new production and 100% reliable!

ANDROIDinOZ

May 12, 2012
Visit site
The replacement arrived yesterday; it's a HT26 and I suspect it probably a new phone. It seems to be fine and no issues that I previously had.

Oddly the last few hours of use on my old phone it stopped being able to make or receive calls unless you did the airplane mode on/off trick. I'm happy to have a new working phone as I do enjoy my HOX!:D

towerdave

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine is HT24 and I'm definitely having wifi issues. Should I call HTC, at&, or take it to an at& corp store to be looked at?

TD

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

ANDROIDinOZ

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine is HT24 and I'm definitely having wifi issues. Should I call HTC, at&, or take it to an at& corp store to be looked at?Forums

HTC will fix the phone but it could take up to two weeks and you do not get a replacement. If you are w/in your first 30 days of owning the phone ATT will take it back. If out of the 30days then you either live w/ it or send it in and get a refurbished one. My "refurbished" HOX is new probably (judging from the new serial number, HT26XXXXXX and that it showed no signs of use). ATT said new phones are being sent out as replacements but there is no guarantee what you would get. My replacement took about 3 days to arrive after calling and requesting the replacement. Word of advice if you go through ATT for a replacement; be polite, kind, and patient. You may have to talk to several people and they will ask you to do a factory reset of the device before issuing a replacement handset. They are obligated to have you work through some technical fixes but just tell them you've tried it all and nothing fixed the problem and you want a new phone...period. Att sends you a replacement device and gives you 10 days to return the original in a postage paid box so you'll never be w/out a mobile.

urbhusker

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just called AT&T due to Wi-Fi issues. Took an hour is all and they are sending a replacement out. Hopefully it's a new one and a 26.

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Just called AT&T due to Wi-Fi issues. Took an hour is all and they are sending a replacement out. Hopefully it's a new one and a 26.

Ditto. Called AT&T yesterday and I should be getting a replacement on July 19th.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I got it on Thursday. It's a H26 model, the phone I returned was a H24. WiFi works, as does everything else.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ANDROIDinOZ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez