HOX Stock Battery Screenshots

ZCLUTCH

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello all-

I've had my AT&T HOX about a week now, and I'm thoroughly impressed. Came from a SGSII (previous iPhone owner) that I bought in Oct 2011 and after 30+ days had buyers remorse (cheap build quality, ridiculously bad battery life, and lower resolution screen were biggest turn offs), so I rooted it. Had CM7 on there for nearly 3 months (nightly builds...shutter) and then MIUI (BUGS, literally caused my modem to receive texts in bursts) Anyway, I came away from the Samsung experience pretty bummed, and not impressed. Finally called AT&T two weeks ago and said I'm ready to cancel my service because the phone was dropping calls at home at an alarming rate, and they offered a new phone W/O costing me a dime, OR signing a new 2 year agreement!! I was stuck between the SGSIII and the HOX, but after my experience with the SGSII I just could go back to that cheap build quality feeling. I chose the HOX but not without some fears for the battery life because alot of the reviews were slamming HTC for the 1800mh battery and no replaceable battery. Well, I can assure you that if you are coming from an SGSII that you will be VERY pleased!

I wanted to post these screenshots of my battery because I never saw these numbers with the SGSII. Keep in mind this is with SYNC on 1 hr intervals, Weather service 1hr intervals, automatic brightness, 1 hour of talk time, multiple texts, emails, and nearly an hour of Amazon MP3 (not cloud, internal storage).

View attachment 34175

View attachment 34176

This is what I nearly got with JuiceDefender (extreme settings) on the SGSII! I'm impressed. What is your experience?

I will follow up this weekend with JuiceDefender on, hoping for the 30hr mark!

Last edited:

Gehrbox

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Ive had my HOX a couple of months. Battery life is roughly the same as it was on my iPhone 4. I did need to turn off location services when I wasn't using it actively for navigation since it appeared that I was getting some pretty frequent gps access by Facebook, even when I turned off that feature in the app.

I've noticed a significant increase in battery life since updating to ICS 4.0.4.

mcduffer

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Here in Chicago suburbs with mobile data on but any type of auto sync off as I check everything manually, i got almost 2 full days on a charge. I'm so impressed with everthing about this phone and AT&T's network here. LTE everywhere and full bars all the time. The switch from Sprint was a long time coming and glad I did. Can't wait for LTE that will never be there.

Xuvetyn

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I've read a lot of posts unhappy with their battery performance, but I'm thrilled with mine. With moderate use (which is typical for me) and turning off at night, I'm getting two days use between charges. My Inspire frequently didn't last the day, so I'm very pleased.