At&t free wifi H.S.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok,i couldnt find an answer to this anywere so id thought id ask here cause you guys are w/ at&t also. Anyways,if we connect to at&t wifi hotspot does the amount of data we use there count towards our data limit for the month.? Is there any certain amount one can use at a wifi place.? Does at&t charge you for it.? Cause apperently you have to sign up and all this crap wich i aint doin untin i know lol.

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about using your phone for hotspotting? If so, I can answer, if not, then I have no idea.

So If you are talking about using your phone:

Yes, it counts towards your data limit cap as you are using the same data your phone would but on a different device.

I don't know what you mean by a certain amount of data at a wifi place. If you mean, a place that has wifi, that's up to the owners of the wifi.

I have the 5GB plan with AT&T (thank goodness, too, because I almost hit that 5GB this month, first month to go over 3GB) and that plan comes with hotspotting. At least, it did for me.

I hope I was of some help!

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about using your phone for hotspotting? If so, I can answer, if not, then I have no idea.

So If you are talking about using your phone:

Yes, it counts towards your data limit cap as you are using the same data your phone would but on a different device.

I don't know what you mean by a certain amount of data at a wifi place. If you mean, a place that has wifi, that's up to the owners of the wifi.

I have the 5GB plan with AT&T (thank goodness, too, because I almost hit that 5GB this month, first month to go over 3GB) and that plan comes with hotspotting. At least, it did for me.

I hope I was of some help!

No not that man,i know that does. I mean an at&t free wifi place. Like mcdonalds,starbucks,etc. At&t asks you to sign in before you use it.