Hate the hype One X+ is getting! Are we forgotten already?

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I feel like with all the hype with the HTC One X+, that the original. ONE X will be left in the dust and forgotten. Am I the only one who feels this way. I'm really really trying hard not to get the one x+ when it comes out. Any thoughts? I hate having an awesome phone, than an upgraded phone of the same kind comes out a few months later. Grant it the one X was late being released anyway. Hopefully after we get jelly bean, this phone will be top notch as well. I do like the fact that the loudspeaker has a beats audio built in and amplifier. I don't think ours does. I do find the speaker phone on loud speaker on the one x a little quiet. Plus the memory is worth it. Help me decide not to get it. Lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
as i have an international with 32 gb and plenty gb to spare the 64 gb memory is no attraction, the increase in battery and the audio enhancements are the only real upgrade as most everything else will be coming to the onex on upgrade.i'm almost always close to a source of power for charging so can live without the battery and i'm well pleased with ZPlayers audio. The onex + is an excellent phone and spec to attract a whole new following to the htc onex line .

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
as i have an international with 32 gb and plenty gb to spare the 64 gb memory is no attraction, the increase in battery is the only real upgrade as most everything else will be coming to the onex on upgrade.i'm almost always close to a source of power for charging so can live without the battery. it is an excellent phone and spec to attract a whole new following to the htc onex line .

I do agree with you. As I am on AT&T they only offer 16gigs which only 9.93 gigs available. I have used more than half already and running out of space. That's including 2 gigs free from Dropbox. The extra internal memory alone is worth probably getting rid of my one x for the upgrade. I'm not sure what to do.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I am sticking with my one x. I am with Rogers and got 25 gb from Dropbox. I find the phone is perfect for me.

ToxicWaste

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm a long time iPhone user turned Android. This phone is simply amazing and I just got it a month ago. That's plenty of time to know if you like it or not. The OneX+ is too similar to this. I believe we haven't been left out. This phone should be viable for a long time. I'm also glad I got this over an S3. I really liked it until I found this one.

robthesixthree

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Until HTC releases a phone with a terabyte of storage, I don't really see what the big deal is. It's not like I'm trying to store my entire music and movie library on my phone incase of an apocalypse. Quad core? Sure it's great for graphics mapping and rendering for games and such, but that's why I have a ps3, xbox, computer, etc. I just can't justify throwing my one X in the trash for this upgrade. I look at a smart phone like I look at a car.... I buy a audi s4 for instance, then ten months later they released the "all new s4" am I going to run to the dealership with my not even broken in car to trade it for one with new headlamps and a 2 mpg boost in fuel economy? Don't think so. Trying to keep up with technology is like trying to beat Anderson Silva in the octagon, it's just not going to happen. Buy what you like and don't regret it. Awesome phone, awesome price.

teletraan1

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Until HTC releases a phone with a terabyte of storage, I don't really see what the big deal is. It's not like I'm trying to store my entire music and movie library on my phone incase of an apocalypse. Quad core? Sure it's great for graphics mapping and rendering for games and such, but that's why I have a ps3, xbox, computer, etc. I just can't justify throwing my one X in the trash for this upgrade. I look at a smart phone like I look at a car.... I buy a audi s4 for instance, then ten months later they released the "all new s4" am I going to run to the dealership with my not even broken in car to trade it for one with new headlamps and a 2 mpg boost in fuel economy? Don't think so. Trying to keep up with technology is like trying to beat Anderson Silva in the octagon, it's just not going to happen. Buy what you like and don't regret it. Awesome phone, awesome price.

This is hardly the same thing as buying an Audi S4. Buying a new phone every 6-8 months or so is affordable for many.

schlemer

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Not really upset. However, this is what they should have had back in April. The one thing I can say for apple is that they make it possible for a consumer to have an iphone at three different price points. That's just good business. The HTC One X is a really great device and I'm happy I was able to get mine for $99. HTC should have offered all versions at the very beginning. A 16gig Dual core, 32 gig Quad/ Tegra and a 64gig quad/Tegra. If they had done this from the early start, I don't think Samsung would have been so dominant. Also, they should have offered a feature to widen the keyboard by turning off the arrow keys (maybe offer 3 different layouts). The speaker needed to be louder on the One X 16gig. Removable storage not an issue. I really love and have embraced Dropbox and Google Play. Last, they should have given users the option to remove sense if they wanted stock android without the need for rooting (don't know if that's possible). It would have allowed for the casual user to enjoy sense (like me) and the power users to enjoy stock. Either way, I really love my One X 16 way better than the Samsung Galaxy S3.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
No more forgotten than the razr max folks as the razr HD approaches lol.

Seriously, who cares. If a person is so concerned about the next best thing then just start buying off contract and ebay your old device. I for one am happy with my one x :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe it will be forgotten by anyone. This is simply a marketing strategy to push the newer successor to the One X and once the hype is over it will be business as usual. Both devices will/should have long successful lives and support for its user base. After all if the One X didn't do what it was supposed to they wouldn't have built a successor using the One X's base, they would of scrapped it and started with something different.

llllBULLSEYE

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
This device is hard to forget. The HOX and S3 have made so many people finally switch from their once loved iPhone.
These 2 phones to me represent a huge turning point for Android. Once we get Jellybean this phone will be perfection(to me)
Right now the HOX still has the most beautiful brightness display out of any device and will be use for a long
time to compare screens of upcoming new devices.

robthesixthree

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
This is hardly the same thing as buying an Audi S4. Buying a new phone every 6-8 months or so is affordable for many.

True that. But it's just a outlook on the whole technology thing. Trying to keep up with the latest and greatest is a tall order. That's why I buy tech that I know will be good for at least a year and a half. I've got mac books up the wazu because the wife keeps buying them to satisfy her need to have the newest one :banghead:but she leaves me alone about my obsession with things that go vroom, so I keep my mouth shut. I still use my pro I bought back in 08 and couldn't be happier with the thing. At the end of the day it's your $ spend it how you choose. Me I'm happy with my one X. :D

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same hole.. I want the one x, but the x+ is making me drool. I am going to buy HTC yet again!! E even as my inspire is dated and the of sense experience was questionable on the battery and resource hog. The hardware is outstanding! It's the first super LCD display I have had no problems with it. But the single core chip is lagy it drives me insane sometimes. Storage is e ergthinv for me as I ha e a 32 gig SD card and you guessed it I have 12 gigs left and I mite just fill it up with roms. So please tell me why I should go with the one x or the x+???
INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

Ichwardort

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
ah guys, don't be jealous. I think HTC did a great job in listening to its users with the OneX. With the OneX+ they just addressed minor weaknesses as smaller battery life, etc. and bumped up the ram to S3 levels. As long as HTC treats both devices (or actually three including the One S) the same regarding updates, etc. that’s totally fine with me. I just love my One X, such a great screen and the best display out there of all!!!

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
that j butterfly is gonna be sick they say its a calcomm quad core s4 processor. If it's anything like the dual core s3 its like putting a v12 viper engine inside of a charger. I'ts going to be a beast!!

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

Last edited:

ToxicWaste

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
You couldn't be more correct. I jumped the Apple brainwashing mill for a HOX a month sgo and I couldn't be more happy. Best phone I've had yet. Man was I missing out!!!!

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Could have not said it better! Agreed 100% fyi the one xv is just not a huge upgrade why spend the $$$. It's like you are spending money for a few minor tweaks. Imo I would wait until a new phone comes out with more worth upgrades then just more storage, slightly better battery and quad core.. Imo stick with it for a couple of more months bc there will be something coming out by then that will be an actual big up grade. But that's just me.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate all the replies. You guys have actually talked me into keeping the one x. I will wait and see what comes out next year.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I try to not frequent the forums after getting a new phone so I'm not tempted to lust after another newer, latest and greatest device lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38