Having camera issues on new HTC One X

hrrsncrawford

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
So I just recently bought a brand new One X from At&t's site. So far the phone is great and I really like it. But here is the issue and this is a weird one : the back 8mp camera doesn't work! I searched on google and youtube for solutions but to no avail. I say it doesnt work because it just shows a black screen and acts if its frozen or something, but I can press the home and other buttons succesfuly. It won't even let me switch to the front facing camera (no button to do so). So I did a factory reset on the device to see if that fixed it. It didn't but the front facing camera started working about 30 minutes into the usage after reset. It still doesn't show a button to switch cameras, and even other camera apps are the same (they just show front facing camera).. Any ideas on whats going on, or what I need to do..I am really trying to avoid a trip to the At&t store.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
That's not normal. In have had my 1X for 6 months and no issues with the camera. In fact when I launch the camera app it loads so quickly with no lag and works great. One of the best cameras I have used for a mobile device. I recommend you stop at a at&t store and pick up a replacement. Or call them and they will ship you a new one.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums