Htc one x space full

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
hey all, I'm having a problem with the storage space in my phone. Somehow I've used up all the space on my phone which I didn't think would even be possible. My pictures take up 4g, apps take up 2g and those are the ones I thought would take up the most space, but in the "other" category it takes up 18g and I'm wondering what the hell that other is and how I'd be able to see it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! P.S. I have a screenshot attached to give you something to work with

Attachments

• 1379375422682.jpg
    1379375422682.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 18

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
hey all, I'm having a problem with the storage space in my phone. Somehow I've used up all the space on my phone which I didn't think would even be possible. My pictures take up 4g, apps take up 2g and those are the ones I thought would take up the most space, but in the "other" category it takes up 18g and I'm wondering what the hell that other is and how I'd be able to see it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! P.S. I have a screenshot attached to give you something to work with

You can use ES File Explorer to analyze your folders to see which one is taking up the most space.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
According to the pic you have 9GB of storage space available.
So are you out of storage space or app space? I think the One X only came with 2GB.. and it looks like you have that full.

EDIT: oops im an *****.. 9 Megs, not gig.. sorry.

Last edited:

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
According to the pic you have 9GB of storage space available.
So are you out of storage space or app space? I think the One X only came with 2GB.. and it looks like you have that full.

Only 2GB?

My phone showed me out of App space the other day too while trying to install an update. I didn't expect to have this
problem this soon.

For Phone Storage
I have the international X version, and 25 gigs of space for phone storage, with 12.2 available. ( have lots of pinned music).

For APP Storage:
I have 6.7 gigs of space for app storage, and 6.18 of that is full.
Yet apps themselves only take 880Meg.
There is this huge Other Category taking up 5.32 gig. I have no clue what that is, and Es File Explorer isn't much help.

y8yruram.jpg

redaza5a.jpg

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Only 2GB?

My phone showed me out of App space the other day too while trying to install an update. I didn't expect to have this
problem this soon.

For Phone Storage
I have the international X version, and 25 gigs of space for phone storage, with 12.2 available. ( have lots of pinned music).

For APP Storage:
I have 6.7 gigs of space for app storage, and 6.18 of that is full.
Yet apps themselves only take 880Meg.
There is this huge Other Category taking up 5.32 gig. I have no clue what that is, and Es File Explorer isn't much help.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/25/y8yruram.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/25/redaza5a.jpg

You should try this app.

dtfmom

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem.. I have new HTC one ..would the ES file explorer work for mine to? And where do I find it?don't know where ES file is

Sandy7777

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I am having major problems all of a sudden with my Htc One X, I only have facebook, and had messenger, recently took it out, thought that was causing the problem, however it is still saying not enough space, I just wiped out my picture's and even created more space!, I do not have all extra apps downloaded on my phone, this is insane.and i notice my gmail is not coming through now as well..any idea's??

Mubeen Sayed

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi Mate,

did you got the answer for your query, I am using the same phone and having the same issue .
my OS version is 4.2.2 currently , I have even tried factory reset but its of no use

johnlelan

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
The one X is end of line, so I presume you mean the latest HTC One(M8). HTC have finally gone back to expandable memory, so though the new One only has 16gb internal memory it's expandable up to 128 gb with an SDcard. For the one X, you can buy a third party sdcard extension which plugs into the micro usb and lets you use an sdcard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall