Camera Problem after Viper XL 4.2 update

tutor772

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a rooted ATT HTC One X. I had been using Viper X 3.6 as my ROM without any problems. I updated my kernel from ElementalX 7 to BeastMode Reloaded 3.5, then flashed Viper XL 4.0 followed by 4.1 and 4.2. Ever since then, the camera takes "blocky" pictures. I attached a picture I took this weekend. This is how most (but sometimes not all) the pictures turn out--a green block somewhere on the picture and "shadows" throughout. Anyone have any idea on what's going on? And more importantly, how I can get the camera working properly? Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• IMAG0017.jpg
    IMAG0017.jpg
    692.1 KB · Views: 4

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a rooted ATT HTC One X. I had been using Viper X 3.6 as my ROM without any problems. I updated my kernel from ElementalX 7 to BeastMode Reloaded 3.5, then flashed Viper XL 4.0 followed by 4.1 and 4.2. Ever since then, the camera takes "blocky" pictures. I attached a picture I took this weekend. This is how most (but sometimes not all) the pictures turn out--a green block somewhere on the picture and "shadows" throughout. Anyone have any idea on what's going on? And more importantly, how I can get the camera working properly? Thanks in advance for your help.

Just gotta say, that is one creepy picture. Well anyways, did you flash the kernel first? Try re-flashing the rom and then the kernel. I think it might of flashed wrong somewhere.

tutor772

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply and suggestion.
1. Yes, I flashed the kernel first, then the ROM. Just in general, what's the best order? ROM and then kernel? Kernel then ROM?
2. I booted to TWRP, wiped the cache and did a factory reset, then reflashed Viper XL 4.2. I took some pictures yesterday and today, and so far (knock on wood) the camera has worked fine. Hope it's fixed!
Thanks again.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
1. Yes, I flashed the kernel first, then the ROM. Just in general, what's the best order? ROM and then kernel? Kernel then ROM?
2. I booted to TWRP, wiped the cache and did a factory reset, then reflashed Viper XL 4.2. I took some pictures yesterday and today, and so far (knock on wood) the camera has worked fine. Hope it's fixed!
Thanks again.

Yeah I think that should do it.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks again.

Also, I also suggest trying Cleanrom 7.0. It's a rom based on Sense 5 and it's by far the most stable Sense 5 Rom that I've used. But I'll see after I get to use it more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87