Pre-order Thread for the Red Version

May 22, 2017
Visit site
Hey all

I returned my Amazing Silver back to Amazon and pre-ordered the red one on HTC.com.
I was told it will ship in July. Also, waiting for the red to be available on Amazon. I would prefer to get it from Amazon, if it's in stock.

Anybody else pre-ordered the Red one and has anything more to share?

Nilesh

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything about shipping dates. And don't say July. That's a month, not a date.

May 22, 2017
Visit site
I asked them for the coupon code. They gave me one generated real-time, however, it didn't work. They created an escalation ticket to apply the refund to my account. Will come to know if it works when they charge my card and process my order.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Got my red color preordered. Got the $50 off coupon by chat via HTC customer care on HTC.com. Took just couple of minutes

SkypilotOfHope

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Got my red color preordered. Got the $50 off coupon by chat via HTC customer care on HTC.com. Took just couple of minutes

Yes, this worked for me, too. Called HTC, asked for a discount code and, without hesitation, the CSR looked one up for Canada for me. $75.00.

Initially, it didn't work. Cleared browser history in Chrome and good-to-go.

I ordered the Amazing Silver in May but must have had a defective unit (bad call quality and static via the USB-C audio). Thought I would spend some more time with my 10... until I saw the red!!! Preordered first day!

Quikstep

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I had pre-ordered right when Solar Red was made available, but received a coupon code today. I called HTC customer service, and they said they would cancel the original order and then I could submit a new one and use the promo code there. I asked if I'd get a confirmation email about the cancellation, and he said absolutely, but 10 hours later I have not gotten anything.

The fact that everyone here seems to have a different experience is kind of concerning to me. Hopefully I won't end up with 2 phones, or zero...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The red does look really beautiful! I want to see what it looks like in different lighting. Enjoy your new phones, everyone!

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey all

I returned my Amazing Silver back to Amazon and pre-ordered the red one on HTC.com.
I was told it will ship in July. Also, waiting for the red to be available on Amazon. I would prefer to get it from Amazon, if it's in stock.

Anybody else pre-ordered the Red one and has anything more to share?

Nilesh

I pre-ordered the Solar Red through HTC when it became available but didn't get a discount code. So about a half hour ago I decided to cancel my order for the Red on the 20th and re order it with a code. I decided to check Amazon first and there it was. So I decided to order it through them instead because I love their return policy. It just so much easier to navigate.

Quikstep

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered the Solar Red through HTC when it became available but didn't get a discount code. So about a half hour ago I decided to cancel my order for the Red on the 20th and re order it with a code. I decided to check Amazon first and there it was. So I decided to order it through them instead because I love their return policy. It just so much easier to navigate.
No discount codes for Amazon though, right?

May 22, 2017
Visit site
If you add the red version to the cart on Amazon, check out says it will be shipped between Jul 13 to Jul 31. I think it's a good sign that they are expected to ship around Jul 13. If I see something concrete around shipping dates (will be released on XYZ) on Amazon, I intend to purchase through them immediately.

Quikstep

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
If you add the red version to the cart on Amazon, check out says it will be shipped between Jul 13 to Jul 31. I think it's a good sign that they are expected to ship around Jul 13. If I see something concrete around shipping dates (will be released on XYZ) on Amazon, I intend to purchase through them immediately.
Hmm, well weren't you told by HTC they would be shipping first week of July? While there's no discount for Amazon, that creates a $50 price difference, but there are other benefits I can take advantage of on Amazon, and I'd certainly prefer buying through them over Digital River...

May 22, 2017
Visit site
Hmm, well weren't you told by HTC they would be shipping first week of July? While there's no discount for Amazon, that creates a $50 price difference, but there are other benefits I can take advantage of on Amazon, and I'd certainly prefer buying through them over Digital River...

HTC has been vague. One time they told me first week of July. Then they said mid-July. Amazon seems to be hinting that around 13th is the date.

I also prefer Amazon over Digital River.