Who's pre-ordering the 24?

scotthunter54

Oct 14, 2022
Visit site
Hey everyone, so we are a few days past the Samsung unboxing event, who's thinking of upgrading? Anyone already pre-order their new daily driver? I went ahead and made the jump. Pre-ordered my titanium gray 24 ultra. Big purchase for me, but I I think it will be worth it. Who else is with me?

Reactions: 1raygin

Roadijeff

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
I'm going to keep my S21U for at least another year or more. I don't like the square corner look of the newer phones and I don't think the later versions are much improved over what I have. My S21U still goes up to 3 days between charges, as far as battery life.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Eh, I don't know. I kind of wanted to purchase the S23 Ultra a little while back considering Samsung was giving a trade in credit of 700 dollars for it. Unfortunately, at the time, I didn't have money.
Now, of course, I do. And now the trade in value is 200 dollars.

They are giving 550 I believe for the S21U towards the S24U. I don't know if I want to jump on that or not. Since I have money, I may just opt out right to purchase a 512gb S23U and keep both that and my S21U.
I've heard many good things about the S23U though, with very little downsides it seems. I don't know if that will carry over and have the same luck with the S24U or not.

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Finally giving up the 21U for a 24U. The 21U has been the best phone I've had. Trade in values keep going down for it every year and its just time to upgrade. Used to upgrade every year until I got the 21U.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
According to Samsung's website, if I opt to get the 1TB version of the S24 Ultra, with trade in and all discounts, it will take off almost 835 dollars.

The instant credits less for some reason if you opt for the 256gb version. So before taxes, the S24U 1TB comes out to around 833. That's a pretty good deal and I might have to jump on it.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Larry 609

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I pre-ordered, but mostly because I did need the 1 TB storage now. My screen has a few minor scratches after 3 years, which affects the trade-in value. And I debated whether to just pay a few hundred for a screen replacement and maybe a battery one, as well. But since a general refresh after a few years isn't a bad idea, I was able to get behind this for the most part.

Not crazy about losing a 10x telephone lens as a result, but hoping the reviews confirm it's not too big of a loss!

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Roadijeff

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
Finally giving up the 21U for a 24U. The 21U has been the best phone I've had. Trade in values keep going down for it every year and its just time to upgrade. Used to upgrade every year until I got the 21U.
It appears that we both have the same phone - S21U. I hadn't given it much thought but what is attracting you to switch to the S24U that the S21U cannot do? I'm always open for a change if it is something more than just a newer model number to keep up with the Joneses or just minor changes.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
For all you folks with the S21U, how's your battery life? I ask because my S22U has to be charged twice a day now. I suppose it depends on how much you use your device throughout the day. When I first got my S22U, it lasted all day with heavy use. That's not the case anymore. I can't imagine the S21U being any better.

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It appears that we both have the same phone - S21U. I hadn't given it much thought but what is attracting you to switch to the S24U that the S21U cannot do? I'm always open for a change if it is something more than just a newer model number to keep up with the Joneses or just minor changes.
My battery is not what it used to be three years ago and my 128gb of storage is is at 92gb. The 512 gb of storage and new battery, hopefully better cameras, plus getting the stylus back pushed me to it. I still have thought about canceling my pre order everyday.

Reactions: Roadijeff

Larry 609

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Since when? I've never heard of minor scratches effecting a trade-in value. Not with Samsung anyways.
Major scratches or screen damage, sure.
I ordered mine through Best Buy. I think both sites ask if there's minor scratches or cracks though. Mine isn't "cracked," but I figured they'd dock you if they found the slightest thing.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
No. They ask you what condition the device is in. They don't ask if there is any scratches or not. Only cracks or if the device is broken in someway.

Never had either one ask me this. If that was the case, nobody would ever get anything for a trade-in.

Roadijeff

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
For all you folks with the S21U, how's your battery life? I ask because my S22U has to be charged twice a day now. I suppose it depends on how much you use your device throughout the day. When I first got my S22U, it lasted all day with heavy use. That's not the case anymore. I can't imagine the S21U being any better.
My S21U still gives me 2-3 days between charges as long as I don't watch a movie or something on it. The screenshot was taken last year but the battery life is still about the same. I'm not sure if this has something to do with it but I have fast charging turned off in the settings. I feel that the fast charging rate heats the battery more and leads to an early demise. Whenever it is time to charge I put it on the wireless charging stand when I go to bed and by morning it is 100% charged.

Screenshot_20231006_235351_Device care.jpg

Reactions: GrooveRite

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
My S21U still gives me 2-3 days between charges as long as I don't watch a movie or something on it. The screenshot was taken last year but the battery life is still about the same. I'm not sure if this has something to do with it but I have fast charging turned off in the settings. I feel that the fast charging rate heats the battery more and leads to an early demise. Whenever it is time to charge I put it on the wireless charging stand when I go to bed and by morning it is 100% charged.

View attachment 358951
You know, I think I might take that into consideration with my S24U. I recall many times my battery heating up when charging with the 45W charger. I also have a 25W charger and use that to mitigate that situation. I believe it happens most when you're charging the battery from very low voltage. Which wireless charger are you using by the way? I remember reading a long time ago that wireless charging was causing batteries to heat up but I'm sure that has been corrected by now. Thanks for your reply!

Reactions: Roadijeff

Roadijeff

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
You know, I think I might take that into consideration with my S24U. I recall many times my battery heating up when charging with the 45W charger. I also have a 25W charger and use that to mitigate that situation. I believe it happens most when you're charging the battery from very low voltage. Which wireless charger are you using by the way? I remember reading a long time ago that wireless charging was causing batteries to heat up but I'm sure that has been corrected by now. Thanks for your reply!
I have this one sitting on my nightstand. I bought it off Amazon in 2021, shortly after I bought my S21U.

Intoval Wireless Charger Station for Samsung Galaxy Phones, Watches, and Earbuds

Reactions: GrooveRite