Alexa App available in Play Store for HTC U11

antomic

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Amazon's Echo (Alexa) at home since it came out and I read that the U11 is the first phone that incorporates Alexa and it can be activated on the U11 without having to push any buttons or opening any app. Just use your voice.

I use Google Assistant a lot on my phones and don't miss Alexa at all when I am outside my home. However, since the U11 has Alexa built-in, I am thinking that this is great- it gives me a choice whether I want to ask Alexa for help or Google Assistant. My question is whether I am correct that I will conveniently have a choice. Do Alexa and Google Assistant co-exist well or do I have to toggle and select one or the other if I have both activated?

For example, if I ask Alexa a question, can I then ask Google Assistant the same (or different) question immediately after I hear Alexa's response? Or do I have to turn off Alexa for the phone to use Google Assistant? And what about the reverse, i.e., if I ask Google Assistant a question first and then want to ask Alexa a question?

Any input will be appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help offered.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Amazon's Echo (Alexa) at home since it came out and I read that the U11 is the first phone that incorporates Alexa and it can be activated on the U11 without having to push any buttons or opening any app. Just use your voice.

I use Google Assistant a lot on my phones and don't miss Alexa at all when I am outside my home. However, since the U11 has Alexa built-in, I am thinking that this is great- it gives me a choice whether I want to ask Alexa for help or Google Assistant. My question is whether I am correct that I will conveniently have a choice. Do Alexa and Google Assistant co-exist well or do I have to toggle and select one or the other if I have both activated?

For example, if I ask Alexa a question, can I then ask Google Assistant the same (or different) question immediately after I hear Alexa's response? Or do I have to turn off Alexa for the phone to use Google Assistant? And what about the reverse, i.e., if I ask Google Assistant a question first and then want to ask Alexa a question?

Any input will be appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help offered.
Yes you can use either one without having to do anything special. Just say ok Google or Alexa and ask your question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez