can someone tell me how to get rid of the number badge on the YouTube app.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The badge is added by the launcher - some launchers can add badges on a per-app basis, others add them with no control. So which launcher are you using. (If it's the stock one that came with the phone, which phone is it?)

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
The badge is added by the launcher - some launchers can add badges on a per-app basis, others add them with no control. So which launcher are you using. (If it's the stock one that came with the phone, which phone is it?)

I am using the stock launcher and it's the HTC U11.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I hate it too. It shows up when I open the app, then goes away (within the app) when I tap the activity button at the bottom. But the activity notification counter stays on the app icon in my homepage. If I tap the activity button, then tap the notifications header at the top and scroll all the way down to the bottom of my notifications, the count in the app icon itself is now gone!

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I finally turned off all notifications on the YouTube app, still there. Checked activity, still there. Cleared cache, still there. Finally read somewhere to remove the app from the home screen and then go to the app drawer and move it back. That worked. It's a problem with the app and not HTC as it happens on other phones. I'll just leave notifications turned off for now and don't really need them.